Smart trying to exhume the UGA Blackout

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Seems like they're going for a blackout against ULL this weekend. I thought that jersey was dead and gone after that 2008 beatdown.

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
The saddest part of it all is that they want/need a blackout for ULL!?!?!?

The University of Louisiana at Lafayette

The struggle is real.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That trick may have worked if Kirby took Coach Cochran with him to Georgia as his S&C Coach..Coach Coachran stayed at Bama & needs to leave the "Funeral" thang in the ground after The Tide buried The Dawgs in "The Blackout Game"..

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I have to think Kirby is approaching this a little more light heatedly than the 2008 version. He knows the history and it isn't as if they are playing New England this time ... or even Bama. I think of it more like an extra Halloween for GA fans instead of a magic voodoo win spell.

It does look pretty cool ... until someone hangs 41 on your 30. :eek:

Last edited:

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
I think Kirby knows exactly what he's doing. They will excerise the deamon with a win this weekend and then pull them out for a bigger game next year.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Blackout and Whiteout, Camo unis, weird unis of all sorts. The children have taken over the game. I liked it better when the adults ran football. This reminds me of NASCAR. The cars had the same color all season and you could pick you favorites by color. Then someone got the bright idea of "special event" different sponsors ..... and there they go, all doing it. Now I can't tell who is who because half of them have a different sponsor, and therefore a different color each week.

Soon half the teams will be wearing Turkey related uniforms, err ... costumes for Thanksgiving weekend and thank of the fun reindeer and snowman unis will be during the bowl games!

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
Before my time as a tide fan, but being a good friend of google I've managed to track down the game mentioned.

Alabama 41 @ 31 Georgia (3) - One question, is it worth watching a full game rerun on youtube?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Before my time as a tide fan, but being a good friend of google I've managed to track down the game mentioned.

Alabama 41 @ 31 Georgia (3) - One question, is it worth watching a full game rerun on youtube?
Yes and no. YouTube has quality issues at times. Probably be OK since this was a CBS or ABC game. One good thing you can fast forward if you want. I remember the look on the Georgia fans faces. LOL.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Oh it is definitely worth it. Keep in mind that Georgia was on top of the world, cocky, arrogant, and knew they were going to beat us badly. We were coming off a 7-6 season in 2007 and they had beaten us in overtime that year.

As Redwood Forrest mentioned, you will be treated to some fantastic shots of the Georgia crowd, as reality was hammered down on them.

UAinAthens

Scout Team
Jul 5, 2001
gmail.com
you have to wonder if Kirby was told he has to wear the black at least once, maybe from a selling the jersey standpoint. That would explain why you pick this opponent, since you don't want to make it any kind of a big deal. Surely there is a reason that makes some sense. We know CKS is not an idiot.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.