Smart trying to exhume the UGA Blackout

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Oh it is definitely worth it. Keep in mind that Georgia was on top of the world, cocky, arrogant, and knew they were going to beat us badly. We were coming off a 7-6 season in 2007 and they had beaten us in overtime that year.

As Redwood Forrest mentioned, you will be treated to some fantastic shots of the Georgia crowd, as reality was hammered down on them.
Even the announcers were stunned. At the end of the half JPW dropped a perfect TD pass over Julio's shoulder. The announcer goes "Are you kidding me?!?!"

Sent from my LG G3

Roll Dawgs

Mar 24, 2015
Well, to be somewhat objective - maybe, not traditional - UGA's colors are red and black. So wearing black isn't too much of a stretch especially when compared to some schools that opt for a "blackout" and just choose to wear that color.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't think that a "pick your color" out game is a bad idea. It sells merchandise and it gets fans into a game. The only problem would be if the coaches and team put more emphasis on that game/opponent than another in the season. Because, win or lose, you have to take the field the next week. Suddenly the next game is not as important? Where do you go from there?

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Your team just played their best game of the year. Now you go all gimmicky? Doesn't sound like a good idea but he's their coach.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.