Link: Wake Forest Fires Radio Color Commentator for Giving Other Teams Plays

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The only story with Beamer is his current employer fining him. We already knew Va Tech accepted the plays.

Why UGA fined him and made it public is the odd part here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was puzzled by that part also. I guess it's just to send a message...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Usually these contracts are loaded with ethics and moral conduct language that likely enable this fine.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Is he going to fight it? He's fortunate he's already employed somewhere or he'd be ruined.
I would bet that they "negotiated" this fine. And he will not struggle to find work. He could leave today and land another job tomorrow. He is not McQueary.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
How can UGA legally fine him for something that happened at his previous employer?
Here's how that discussion likely went.
Shane, you did something bad while working for a former employer. We are inclined to fire you to avoid the embarrassment to UGa. (This misconduct would obviously violate clause 31(a)(1)j of your current UGa contract.
On the other hand, we could just fine you $5k, and leave you employed here. Which would you prefer?"

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Here's how that discussion likely went.
Shane, you did something bad while working for a former employer. We are inclined to fire you to avoid the embarrassment to UGa. (This misconduct would obviously violate clause 31(a)(1)j of your current UGa contract.
On the other hand, we could just fine you $5k, and leave you employed here. Which would you prefer?"
I thought it was $25K?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.