Saban's Dominance - Ranked No. 1 More than 1/3 of His Bama Games

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Saban's Dominance When Ranked No. 1

None were drafted in 2007, but there are several on that roster who would be drafted in subsequent years. Some are still in the league. It wasn't void of talent, but it was young talent for the most part.
Yah, just pointing out it was a rebuilding job, just like CJM and CKS are facing.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Remember too that what Saban has accomplished at Alabama has been totally in the era of scholly limitations and social media--unlike the others on that list for at least a majority of their careers. When you factor all that in, it just further magnifies what he has accomplished.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

It's a shame voter bias was so bad during Coach Bryant's time. He led Alabama to 6 titles yet had a low percentage of games coached while number 1. It seems they only reluctantly recognized true greatness.
66, we were 11-0, absolutely the most dominant football team I've ever seen and got totally screwed by a Notre Dame team that was 9-0-1 and intentionally ran the clock out to tie Michigan State 6-6.
77? I believe it was, when we were number two going into the bowls, beat Ohio State 35-6 or 38-6 in the Sugar Bowl and finished second to number five Notre Game, who beat number one Texas in the Cotton Bowl, and rose above us.
One common opponent-We beat the total crap out of Ole Miss, and Ole Miss beat them 38-10.
Bama honestly should have about five more national titles, but northern writers killed us.
The current system favors us. I'll go with it without question, because we truly used to get, unjustly, demoted.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.