Which former Saban assistant will win the SEC first? Or will any?

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
It will be Lane Kiffin, two national championships from now.
Hmmm... No west coast move? You got some inside?
I think he's insinuating that Kiffin will take over at Bama after Saban retires, which he believes will happen after the next two national championships.

Personally, I hope Saban is here well past the 2017 season!

:biggrin2:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think he's insinuating that Kiffin will take over at Bama after Saban retires, which he believes will happen after the next two national championships.

I do too, but I truly believe his goal is to win more championships than any coach in history. He's simply that motivated. Heck we may be talking about when he'll retire in 20 years.
Fine with me if he stay's that long :)

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Why do Jimbo Fisher fans think he can come into the SEC and be a better coach than McElwain or Smart when he consistently loses 3-4 games per year in the ACC? Except of course the season he had a once in a lifetime QB.
He also had Jeremy Pruitt who added not only DC expertise, but a mental and physical toughness to the entire program. This has been lacking in all of the other Fisher teams. Anyway, I agree that Fisher is overrated

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
No inside at all.But I think Coach Saban cares greatly about the future of the program, and I think he recognizes Kiffin's true offensive genius and his ability to recruit the west coast and beyond.
Coach Saban's process is built on the ability to recruit the best players available, no matter where they are, and Kiffin has helped him expand that process.
At the same time, I think Coach Saban has helped Lane to become somewhat humble, and appreciative, of the opportunity he has coaching football.
And they're just alike. Arrogant, Combative, and AWESOME!
I think Coach Saban see's a younger version of himself in Lane Kiffin, and I may be completely and totally wrong, but I think that, at the least, he'll recommend him to take his place.
Whether or not Coach Battle will listen, no idea. Just my opinion.
But, when we hired Kiffin, I was absolutely ....ed.
Now, I'd be ....ed if we let him slip away.
He's the best young coach in America, bar NONE.
RTR!
sip
You're right Kiffin has helped Bama to have more West Coast recruiting success, so has Coach Lupoi, who is a great recruiter.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

We all certainly agree. IMHO, he will coach at least til the end of his current contract, which IIC, ends in 2022, not sure.

Why would he retire ? He is doing what he absolutely loves: competing and winning, watching tape, recruiting, affecting young men's lives, affecting an entire state, etc. He is very healthy - it would not be a surprise if he coached 10 more years.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
No inside at all.But I think Coach Saban cares greatly about the future of the program, and I think he recognizes Kiffin's true offensive genius and his ability to recruit the west coast and beyond.
Coach Saban's process is built on the ability to recruit the best players available, no matter where they are, and Kiffin has helped him expand that process.
At the same time, I think Coach Saban has helped Lane to become somewhat humble, and appreciative, of the opportunity he has coaching football.
And they're just alike. Arrogant, Combative, and AWESOME!
I think Coach Saban see's a younger version of himself in Lane Kiffin, and I may be completely and totally wrong, but I think that, at the least, he'll recommend him to take his place.
Whether or not Coach Battle will listen, no idea. Just my opinion.
But, when we hired Kiffin, I was absolutely ....ed.
Now, I'd be ....ed if we let him slip away.
He's the best young coach in America, bar NONE.
RTR!
sip

We are drinking from the same bottle...BB will not be hiring a saint -- but the best football coach available for UA. Now, the question is whether he would want to follow CNS...or if anyone can do so successfully? Tough one...but that hijacks this thread.

I think Coach Mac has the best chance...CNS will probably on go 4-5 more years and then take it to the house...grandchildren have a way of changing your perspective. By then he should have the most National Titles wrapped up -- regardless of which process they decide to use to try and stop him!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Smart because UGA is an absolute hive of talent. There is no reason why a top flight coach can't be in contention every year. He needs a different OC in my opinion. Coach Mac too is sitting on a juggernaut with UF. I'd say 1a/1b and could easily flip and make a good argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
He also had Jeremy Pruitt who added not only DC expertise, but a mental and physical toughness to the entire program. This has been lacking in all of the other Fisher teams. Anyway, I agree that Fisher is overrated
Pruitt didn't add DC experience to Fisher at FSU. That was his 1st stint as a DC. Jimbo hired him away from Bama when he was a position coach.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
To echo a few others, I'd vote the Saban assistant that follows him at Bama.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Pruitt didn't add DC experience to Fisher at FSU. That was his 1st stint as a DC. Jimbo hired him away from Bama when he was a position coach.
Speaking of Pruitt as an assistant, Jonathan Allen was recently asked how he and Kirby were different as coordinators. He said that Kirby was more conservative where Pruitt wants "All hell breaking loose"!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.