News Article: The Drunkest City in Each State

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Auburn gets a trophy this year after all! I suppose they will have some rings made. :rolleye2:

1. Alabama
> Drunkest city: Auburn-Opelika
> Pct. of MSA adults binge or heavy drinking: 16.2%
> Pct. of state adults binge or heavy drinking: 13.3%
> Pct. of alcohol related driving deaths: 28.1%
More than 16% of adults in the Auburn-Opelika metro area report heavy drinking or binge drinking — defined as at least five drinks for men and four drinks for women on a single occasion — in the past 30 days, according to the CDC.

http://247wallst.com/special-report/2016/11/10/the-drunkest-city-in-each-state-2/2/

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just saw the stats from Columbus and we are worse. :redface:

In fact, as worst cities in states go, those numbers don't look too terrible. Still, I wouldn't want to raise a family in any of the cities listed with all of the drunken driving fatalities.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I didn't go through the whole thing, but I did notice a lot of small city's with big colleges in that list. Go figure.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Put yourself in their shoes. You'd binge drink too if you realized that:

1. You live in Lee County and you're not sure if that's in Alabama or Georgia.
2. Directions to your house involve the phrase "drive south until you smell it and east until you step in it."
3. Every time you have a family reunion, you see 2 of your ex-wives.
4. Your favorite team has an all time losing record against VANDERBILT.
5. Season tickets in Jordan-Hare give you the privilege of watching the same offense that you saw in the 2A state playoffs.
6. The phrase "double wide" applies to every house you've ever lived in and every girlfriend/wife you've ever had.
7. You'll just be glad when swimming and diving season gets here.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.