It's Time to End the "War on Drugs" - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Re: It's Time to End the "War on Drugs"

Little blurb on a new Showtime show.

https://reason.com/archives/2018/02/...ug-war#comment

Showtime Documentary Highlights Drug Warís Futility

The Trade offers access to cartels, addicts, and cops alike.

In all the billions of words and electronic images expended in telling the story of the war on drugs, perhaps nothing sums it up quite so concisely as a scene in Showtime's new documentary series The Trade. As a bedraggled mother is dragged off following her arrest on heroin charges, a cop kneels to speak to her crying children. "It's okay," he comforts them. "We're the good guys." After more than a century of this senseless, futile war, you still can't identify the players without a scorecard.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Why?

They make above-average music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-oHBkikDBg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomange...M#428b37ff2e60

New Congressional Marijuana Bill Is Actually Numbered H.R. 420

Love the humor and the bill.

And for the Hitler birthday critics: Castro died on Black Friday. Your participation denotes your mourning.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomange...M#428b37ff2e60

Love the humor and the bill.

And for the Hitler birthday critics: Castro died on Black Friday. Your participation denotes your mourning.
    I think we are a couple more election cycles away from that passing.

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    I think we are a couple more election cycles away from that passing.
    it will be interesting to see how long this takes now that so many states have legalized it in some form or another. gay marriage moved really quickly once it got a little momentum.

these are two things i never thought i would live to see.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    it will be interesting to see how long this takes now that so many states have legalized it in some form or another. gay marriage moved really quickly once it got a little momentum.

these are two things i never thought i would live to see.
    same but we are super close. Canada is now fully legal and more than half the US, the South will be last as always but I expect it now within a few years
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

SMH.

https://reason.com/blog/2019/02/18/h...-deadl#comment

The day after the January 28 drug raid that killed a middle-aged couple and injured five undercover narcotics officers, Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo lavished praise on Gerald Goines, the 34-year veteran who had been shot in the neck after breaching the door and entering the house to assist his wounded colleagues. "He's a big teddy bear," Acevedo said. "He's a big African-American, a strong ox, tough as nails, and the only thing bigger than his body, in terms of his stature, is his courage. I think God had to give him that big body to be able to contain his courage, because the man's got some tremendous courage."
    Acevedo struck a different note on Friday, when he described Goines as a liar who had broken the law and embarrassed the department by inventing the heroin purchase that was the pretext for the raid, during which police killed Dennis Tuttle and Rhogena Nicholas in their home at 7815 Harding Street. But as Keri Blakinger and St. John Barned-Smith reported on Friday night in the Houston Chronicle, there were warning signs that Goines was not a paragon of police professionalism long before he invented a confidential informant and a controlled buy to justify the no-knock search that put him in the hospital but did not discover any evidence of drug dealing.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

Portugal has decriminalized drugs and focused on drug treatment.

With great success.

Yet we continue to dig this hole, thinking we'll eventually solve it by digging ourselves deeper.