It's Time to End the "War on Drugs" - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Re: It's Time to End the "War on Drugs"

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    https://d14rmgtrwzf5a.cloudfront.net...odr-graph2.jpg
    The drug category with the most deaths in america includes fentanyl. Also this must be an incomplete list because I do not see all the deaths causes by Marijuana.
    Never in the history of mankind has there been an overdose death from cannabis, (I do know the case recently in LA and there were opiates in the system - unsure what else)
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Never in the history of mankind has there been an overdose death from cannabis, (I do know the case recently in LA and there were opiates in the system - unsure what else)
    I looked up the LD50 for cannabis. Lol, this is the first thing I found.

At present it is estimated that marijuanaís LD-50 is around1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.cannabis-science.com/content/DEA%20Ruling%20Judge%20Young.pdf

How high would a man be after smoking 39,999 joints?

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post

Challenge accepted

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Challenge accepted
    You know you only have 15 minutes. If you can get it done, you’ll surpass Joey Chestnut as the world’s greatest athlete.

You know you only have 15 minutes. If you can get it done, you’ll surpass Joey Chestnut as the world’s greatest athlete.
    would it be considered cheating to use one of these?

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    would it be considered cheating to use one of these?

Amateurs ^

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    No doubt, but prohibition makes the situation exponentially worse on many fronts. Anyone who denies that has either not studied the issue or hasn't taken their own head out of the sand.

Prohibition has caused an impure and adulterated product more likely to kill those who use it, gangs and their violence, incarceration that destroys multiple generations, and has wasted billions upon billions of dollars. Despite all that the illegal drug market is still stronger than ever. Time to do something different.
    Of course the drug trade is stronger than ever. There are more people using and the same ol sabre rattling from politicians who have absolutely no desire to shut the drugs down due to money and power. I would even go so far to say (without hard facts to back it up) that a lot of the money collected in taxes that are supposed to go towards fighting this drug war is really diverted elsewhere. It's a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInCummingGA View Post
    Of course the drug trade is stronger than ever. There are more people using and the same ol sabre rattling from politicians who have absolutely no desire to shut the drugs down due to money and power. I would even go so far to say (without hard facts to back it up) that a lot of the money collected in taxes that are supposed to go towards fighting this drug war is really diverted elsewhere. It's a scam.
    Amen to that! An expensive and deadly scam intent on depriving people of life, property, and liberty.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

We'll let you know when Voyager reaches them.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!