JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
UTC wrap-up: Alabama didn’t want to be here, and it showed
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
November 20th, 2016 01:40 AM

Alabama didn’t bring its A-game against Chattanooga Saturday – or its B-game, or its C-game. What Alabama brought was good enough to win, but not good enough to keep Nick Saban from peeling the paint off the locker room walls at halftime. Alabama allowed a team that […]

Read More Here

Last edited by a moderator:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Thanks Jess, your assessment was unfortunately spot on. This my opinion only, but it appears our offensive schemes are completely focused on Hurts which scares me. I do not question his abilities, it is obvious to anyone he is a fantastic player, but exposing him to continued contact may take its toll in the 3 or 4 remaining games. I trust Kiffin has a more balanced approach to our offense for the remainder of the season and somewhat limits Hurts's unnecessary exposure.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
The deceptively chilly weather combined with the lackluster game plan and play made for an unsatisfactory experience yesterday. Tailgating with my friends was fun, but that was about it. The Hurts left, Hurts right stuff makes us easier to defend in my view.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The biggest break downs in this game to me all came down to effort. The best example - the blocking by your receivers on the edge and in space was non-existent while their blocking in similar circumstances was better than any team that you have faced this year. How can that be? Simple answer - lack of effort by your players. You weren't blocking, and you weren't fighting off blocks.

This game really comes down to blocking and tackling. Alabama was out-performed by the Mocs in areas where your superiority is so massive as to be incalculable. Poor effort.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I hope there is not much we can take from this game, other than it is a late-season low-effort gimme, in which lack of production put the starters at risk for longer than we might have liked. The lessons are pretty obvious. I think a winning season can accommodate an indifferent outing like this, so long as it does not become a habit.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.