Question: The Electoral College - Page 5
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Re: The Electoral College

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    Bamaro,

there is really no way of knowing if you are telling the truth or not. We just have to take your word for it, unless in 4 years we get the opposite and President Trump (really hard to type that) wins the popular vote but loses the EC to whatever idiot the democrats run against him. If you state your displeasure then and only then will I believe you. My guess is you will tell all the Trump supporters to shut-up and "we won".
    I already said I posted here a couple of times about it before the election. Even mentioned that I did a report on it (Tilden/Hayes) in HS before many here were even born. So, yes, its the truth.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seebell View Post
    Don't ya'll remember the RNC talking about proportional electoral votes after Obama won for the second time? A few states do that now.

Always remember one man's BS is another man's fertilizer!
    Key word "after".

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    I already said I posted here a couple of times about it before the election. Even mentioned that I did a report on it (Tilden/Hayes) in HS before many here were even born. So, yes, its the truth.
    Tilden/Hayes had more to do with Democrats agreeing to "lose" states they won in exchange for ending military occupation of Louisiana and South Carolina. The Tilden/Hayes corrupt bargain was more about thwarting the EC than the perceived flaws in the EC.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    Tilden/Hayes had more to do with Democrats agreeing to "lose" states they won in exchange for ending military occupation of Louisiana and South Carolina. The Tilden/Hayes corrupt bargain was more about thwarting the EC than the perceived flaws in the EC.
    but he wrote a paper this one time before most of us were born so that makes him an expert apparently
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Suspended

but he wrote a paper this one time before most of us were born so that makes him an expert apparently
    I suspect I was born before him.

No but at least I didn't question your truthfulness like you did mine. You seem to have a comprehension problem. I made that statement to show that my opinion wasn't something new or based on recent results.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seebell View Post
    Don't ya'll remember the RNC talking about proportional electoral votes after Obama won for the second time? A few states do that now.
    Not only do I remember that, but I remember them stealing that particular idea from (wait for it) the Democrats, who proffered it in 2004.

I remember Hillary Clinton calling for the abolition of the EC in 2000.

I remember Donald Trump calling the EC a disaster as recently as four years ago.

I even remember reading this story from a few days before the 2000 debacle where a Bush aide came right out and said they'd challenge if he lost the Electoral College.

Let's face it, folks - they're politicians and hypocrisy is their lifeblood. And it isn't 'just' the left or the right or the Republicans or the Democrats. I've long chuckled since the recount went Bush's way with the familiar Democratic whine that Republicans are real big on state sovereignty and yet they went to federal court over it. But so what? Democrats are really big on FEDERAL court, so isn't it just as hypocritical for them to try and insist all of a sudden that their ridiculous recount proposal ("hey, we're only going to count in four large Democratic majority counties") has to be handled at the state level - since it's allegedly a 'federal election?'

The fact is that if Trump had lost and HRC had won the same way, the partisans in this debacle would be arguing just the opposite.

For the record, we're always going to have the EC unless some activist liberal court suddenly decides it's unconstitutional.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Not only do I remember that, but I remember them stealing that particular idea from (wait for it) the Democrats, who proffered it in 2004.

I remember Hillary Clinton calling for the abolition of the EC in 2000.

I remember Donald Trump calling the EC a disaster as recently as four years ago.

I even remember reading this story from a few days before the 2000 debacle where a Bush aide came right out and said they'd challenge if he lost the Electoral College.

Let's face it, folks - they're politicians and hypocrisy is their lifeblood. And it isn't 'just' the left or the right or the Republicans or the Democrats. I've long chuckled since the recount went Bush's way with the familiar Democratic whine that Republicans are real big on state sovereignty and yet they went to federal court over it. But so what? Democrats are really big on FEDERAL court, so isn't it just as hypocritical for them to try and insist all of a sudden that their ridiculous recount proposal ("hey, we're only going to count in four large Democratic majority counties") has to be handled at the state level - since it's allegedly a 'federal election?'

The fact is that if Trump had lost and HRC had won the same way, the partisans in this debacle would be arguing just the opposite.

For the record, we're always going to have the EC unless some activist liberal court suddenly decides it's unconstitutional.
    I guess I'm not a partisan. I like the EC regardless of the outcome. But maybe I'm just informed.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    I guess I'm not a partisan. I like the EC regardless of the outcome. But maybe I'm just informed.
    I do, too, but note that I'm not arguing for it's inclusion because 'my guy' won or against it because 'my guy' lost, either.

It will never be overturned by amendment given you need 38 states to do it - and that's what gives most of the states their clout.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    I do, too, but note that I'm not arguing for it's inclusion because 'my guy' won or against it because 'my guy' lost, either.

It will never be overturned by amendment given you need 38 states to do it - and that's what gives most of the states their clout.
    I seriously hope that abolishing the EC is the totality of the Democrats opposition over the next four years.
    Please Democrats, bang your head against that wall. Please.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    No but at least I didn't question your truthfulness like you did mine. You seem to have a comprehension problem. I made that statement to show that my opinion wasn't something new or based on recent results.
    The reason he called you an "expert" is because you have for the past week and a half been really harping on that we need to change it. When we ask how should we change it, you give a very simplistic answer that you should expect from a high school government class paper.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation All-SEC RhodeIslandRed's Avatar

The United States of NewCaliYork. Nice ring 😕

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

I would favor a Maine/Nebraska system nationwide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk