Ye Olde Thankfulness Thread, 2016

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I'll start us off. In no particular order, I'm thankful for:

- My wife. Live 50 years without one, and you'll be thankful for yours, too.
- My mother and siblings are still alive.
- My job
- My friends
- My church and my God

What are you thankful for this year?

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
- My family. Including my wife of 28 years and our two grown children. Both graduates of Alabama!

- My family health and mine.

- My parents (both deceased). They made me the man I am today.

- To live in the USA

- Of course, the Alabama crimson Tide and Coach CNS!

RTR!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Really thankful for the PTB who maintain this forum.

Also very thankful for all my fellow football fanatics here....we all share a wonderful passion and I enjoy the opportunity for the variety of discussions we have.

I have many other things to be thankful for but wanted to at least submit what crossed my mind first - considering where the question was posted.

Thank you all! :smile:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Normally I'm on the joke side but I'll throw out a couple of real ones:

Just celebrated my 10 year anniversary with my wife.
Just passed a full year of running my own business and not working for crappy companies.
Being able to live in this era of prosperity for Alabama football is also a nice bonus.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Happy Thanksgiving y'all! We have our differences. Nevertheless, I wish all y'all a wonderful Thanksgiving day. Here's to good food and company! And some good NFL games. How 'bout them Cowboys!

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm thankful for my wife who is fighting a brave fight against cancer right now. She inspires a lot of people.
Thankful for my family and thankful to God for his grace.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Thankful for all the good things and for thriving despite some bad things.

Family. My parents are still around, though age is taking its toll. My marriage has never been stronger. My kids are well. My sister and I have a better relationship. I don't have to interact with my brother since he won't meet the conditions to renew an arm's length relationship and I am thousands of miles away.

Friends. I have a number on several levels. My best friend and his wife are finally having a baby.

Job. In many ways, the best I've had, though not without issues. Still, what seems like a stable job. Certainly the best paying I've had and with room to grow on a number of fronts..

Health. Gallbladder surgery (lap turned to open) was rough, but I feel better than I have in some time (perhaps because that sucker had to be percolating for quite some time to be in the shape it was in when it came out).

Personal growth. It's slow and arduous, but I am taking it at my own pace and I am so far happy with the results overall.

Good food. The wife spent a good part of the day preparing food for tomorrow (I helped a little(. She couldn't cook worth a lick when we first got married, but she has turned into a pretty good cook day to day, but on holidays - man, oh, man! Chicken and dressin', homemade macaroni and cheese (with bits of bacon), cornbread, cake, and all the rest! I just wish we could share it with family this year.

My mother and I actually agree more politically than at any point in the last 20+ years. She's less polarized and so am I. When we disagree we've been able to talk it out.

We recently found a house to buy in a very tough market (by tough, I mean few good houses available). It's in our price range and we are in a position to buy.

Quite honestly, life has never been better. We miss home but even being away has its good points. We've gotten to see areas of the country we'd never seen before. We've grown closer. We've survived and thrived. I've made my mom and dad proud (they tell me). Life is good and I am thankful.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
A little Thanksgiving entertainment:

http://townhall.com/columnists/kurt...s-conservative-uncle-at-thanksgiving-n2249691

Thanksgiving is a magical time when families gather together in a traditional celebration featuring gratitude, joyous fellowship, and the cruel mockery of insufferable millennial relatives. We are also seeing the rise of a new Thanksgiving tradition: tiresome, geek-scribbled columns about how to talk to your obnoxious conservative uncle at the dinner table that pop up every year on essential millennial websites like Vox, Salon, and Perpetual Barista.
But how about some guidance for those of us who eagerly embrace our inner obnoxious conservative uncle? Well, here are some helpful hints for when that smug tool spawned by your sister and her twitchy second husband opens up his piehole for something other than inserting pie.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.