Goal line inside the 5, where is Daron Payne?

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
He came in as one of the strongest players on the team as a freshman. There is highlight after highlight of him destroying offensive linemen (see lsu this year). Why don't we ever use him like we have similar players in the past? Cody, Williams, Robinson, Reed. I would love to see him plowing a hole for our running backs.

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Foot speed would be my guess. Surely they tried several back there. I love Mack but I'd love to see a little more beef too. That said, our goal line back has been out the last two games and significantly dinged for 80% of the season. I can't wait to see Bo this week. He's like a wind up toy that about to take off like a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
I do love Saban's "Cody Package" (first saw it with Terrence around 2009). Last year we ran it once with both A'Shawn and Payne I believe in there - unstoppable. I think we're saving it for when we need it.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I'd like to see Allen in the backfield. Wouldn't mind seeing him take a handoff either...

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
Someone is giving away the secrets!

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk
lol, I thought about that myself. I hope you guys are right and we've just been saving it / been a little too banged up for it. But, I remember a failed 4th and 1 at the 1 against LSU where I was praying to see the big boys trot out onto the field. I feel like if we were saving it, that game would have been a great time to call it.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I've thought this many times, the player I'd like to see in the backfield when we get inside the 10 is Mack Wilson. He was filling that role very early in the year and I thought he was a devastating blocker (even better than Cody!) and he even made a great catch for a 1 yd TD. I keep waiting...

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Foot speed would be my guess. Surely they tried several back there. I love Mack but I'd love to see a little more beef too. That said, our goal line back has been out the last two games and significantly dinged for 80% of the season. I can't wait to see Bo this week. He's like a wind up toy that about to take off like a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its not speed for his size Payne is fast. Cody was not fast

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.