Link: Another Bad Look for Baylor - Associate AD Allegedly Leaves Marks on Reporter's Neck

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Baylor Associate Athletic Director Heath Nielsen, 47, is free on bond following his arrest earlier this month on a misdemeanor assault warrant stemming from an attack on Nov. 5 in which a sportswriter was grabbed by the throat and pushed away from a player after the Bears’ 62-22 loss to TCU.

Nielsen was booked into the McLennan County Jail on Nov. 8.

Baylor has not commented on the incident, but Nielsen has been conspicuously absent for the past several weeks.

The victim, James McBride had received permission from a football player to take a photograph, and after the picture was taken “Nielsen walked up to McBride on the right, grabbed McBride by the throat with his right hand, squeezed and pushed him away from the football player,’ an arrest warrant affidavit obtained by KWTX says.

When McBride and the player asked Nielsen what the problem was, he replied, “He’s abusing his privileges,” ‘the affidavit said.

“McBride had visible scratches and complained of pain around his throat.”

The injuries were photographed, the affidavit says.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Burn this football program to the ground. I can't believe a private Christian university would allow this depravity to stand.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I thought may be there was some hope when they fired Briles and got rid of Starr. But, they kept the assistants around who insisted on standing by Briles, even in the face of the facts. Now this?

Who ever comes in next had better clean house, for real this time. I hate to say this, but I saw a lot of this growing up. People who are concerned about window dressing, concerned about appearances and that they appear to be Christians. Then they forget to be decent human beings...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.