RIP Lutz - a powerful reminder in this holiday season...

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
A hard to read story.

For what it's worth I believe there is 2 kinds of drunk driving, the driver who know's they have had too much to drink and drives anyway and the driver who is that drunk that much that they have lost the ability to comprehend.

Drivers / Passangers at 5 x the legal limit must be approaching the latter.

In the UK (except Scotland) we have a 0.08% limit similar to Alabama, in Scotland the limit is reduced to 0.05% and for someone in my line of work the limit is 0.01% which effectively makes me a non-drinker.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
I design the geometry of railway tracks, which makes me what we term here as 'safety critical', which means I can be randomly tested at any time. I'm pretty much always on call too, so with such a low limit its simply easier/safer not to drink at all.

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I disagree. "There but for the grace of God" refers to circumstances outside of our control. This situation was 100% preventable.

If he had been playing Russian Roulette and blew his brains out, would you chalk it up to an act of God? I wouldn't. But at least that way he doesn't endanger anyone but himself, unlike impaired drivers who put everyone's lives on the line.
Except normal people don't go out and have Russian Roulette parties at the Russian Roulette parlour every Thursday-Saturday night. Just because both involve risk doesn't make it a good analogy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.