For the Whiskey/Bourbon Drinkers. What's your "go to"?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Crown Royal Reserve for whiskey. Don't drink bourbon. Now, scotch is something I'm growing fond of.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk
When I drink hard - and that's not often - I tend towards scotch. When I was a freshman, I got so drunk off bourbon, I threw up for three days. That was 1957. Now, even a whiff of the smell of bourbon makes my stomach do flips...

When I drink hard - and that's not often - I tend towards scotch. When I was a freshman, I got so drunk off bourbon, I threw up for three days. That was 1957. Now, even a whiff of the smell of bourbon makes my stomach do flips...
Yeah, bourbon got me really sick while I was in Iraq. Couldn't believe how bad it was. I stay away from it also.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
The same thing happened to me when I was a freshman, although it wasn't 1957. :wink: Mostly only wine now, but occasionally Scotch and in warmer weather Vodka and Tonic.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I, too, left part of my insides on the Bama campus, about 11 years after you. As I recall, there was a brand of whiskey called Old Stillbrook that was $5 a quart (not fifth). A bargain, if you want a few days of self induced torture.
Today, I buy Gentleman Jack or Woodford Reserve, but that's from habit. I like Irish whiskey but it's hard to find many of their fine brands here.

Reactions: Islander

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
For bourbon, the readily available stuff that I enjoy:
Buffalo Trace
Eagle Rare
Weller Antique
Old Forrester Signature
Angel's Envy
EH Taylor Small Batch
Henry McKenna Bottled in Bond
Willett Pot Still

Some of the harder to find / more expensive stuff that's good:
Blanton's
Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon
Jefferson Reserve Groth Cask Finish
Willet Family Reserve Rye
Van Winkle Family Reserve Lot B
Stagg Jr.

Typically, if you can find a store select single barrel of Buffalo Trace or Eagle Rare, you can't go wrong.

Reactions: CraigD

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
For bourbon, the readily available stuff that I enjoy:
Buffalo Trace
Eagle Rare
Weller Antique
Old Forrester Signature
Angel's Envy
EH Taylor Small Batch
Henry McKenna Bottled in Bond
Willett Pot Still

Some of the harder to find / more expensive stuff that's good:
Blanton's
Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon
Jefferson Reserve Groth Cask Finish
Willet Family Reserve Rye
Van Winkle Family Reserve Lot B
Stagg Jr.

Typically, if you can find a store select single barrel of Buffalo Trace or Eagle Rare, you can't go wrong.
My man. Invite me over and I'll bring my tin cup.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Buffalo Trace single barrel is my standard, nearly always have some in the house.

Otherwise, I'm generally a scotch guy. Really like Laphroaig.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I, too, left part of my insides on the Bama campus, about 11 years after you. As I recall, there was a brand of whiskey called Old Stillbrook that was $5 a quart (not fifth). A bargain, if you want a few days of self induced torture.
Today, I buy Gentleman Jack or Woodford Reserve, but that's from habit. I like Irish whiskey but it's hard to find many of their fine brands here.
Back in those days it was about affordability and not so much about quality. I'm like Earle, even the smell of bourbon makes we want to puke. BTW, puke is one of those words that sounds like what it means.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
For the Whiskey/Bourbon Drinkers. What's your "go to"?

Four Roses Single Barrel is my standard choice. On top of that I'm looking at bottles of Elmer Lee, Woodford Cask Rye, Jefferson's Reserve, Sazerac Rye, Bulleit, and Jameson Select.

I have decisions today.

Last edited:

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Re: For the Whiskey/Bourbon Drinkers. What's your "go to"?

Four Roses Single Barrel is my standard choice. On top of that I'm looking at bottles of Elmer Lee, Woodford Cask Rye, Jefferson's Reserve, Sazerac Rye, Bulleit, and Jameson Select.

I have decisions today.
I have a bottle of Elmer as well. Pretty good stuff. Wish it was more widely available.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.