Link: LSU offers Jimbo Fisher (or is it Tom Herman) (Coach O?)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: LSU offers Jimbo Fisher

Translation:

Herman: "Ive got a deal with LSU in the bag waiting for my signature, but I want to see if Tejas is really serious about getting me. Tejas, you have until Sat. to make your bid."

Methinks the Whos will be introducing new Coach Larry Fedora soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fedora would be like LSU hiring Mike Dubose. I know a whole bunch of parents who have kids who played for him at USM.
They consider him to be a complete joke and a vain idiot.
Deandre Brown, THE best high school receiver I ever saw, and a first team All-American Freshman at USM, under Fedora, absolutely despises him, hates him, and hopes he goes to hell.
I know that sounds harsh, but it's the truth.
Plus, if you're THE LSU do you really want to hire a coach who hasn't really ever accomplished much of anything at all except beating a pretty average FSU team?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Fedora would be like LSU hiring Mike Dubose. I know a whole bunch of parents who have kids who played for him at USM.
Deandre Brown, THE best high school receiver I ever saw, and a first team All-American Freshman at USM, under Fedora, absolutely despises him, hates him, and hopes he goes to hell.
Plus, if you're THE LSU do you really want to hire a coach who hasn't really ever accomplished much of anything at all except beating a pretty average FSU team?

LSU has already been turned down by Fisher, their first choice. They may lose their second pick in Herman to Texas or if Texas doesn't offer, Herman may just stay at Houston. Point being LSU's choices maybe down to coaches who really haven't accomplished much as a head coach. This may not be the best offseason to hire a coach. If I'm LSU I seriously consider Coach O at this point.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

When I've seen Fedora in interviews or on any football related kinda shows, he comes across as being conceded, to the point, he came across as being a jerk to one Lady Sports Reporter in a interview I watched a couple years ago..

I never liked him again after the way he treated that Lady in the interview, in all honesty, it was almost like he was trying to be unlikeable it seemed like or he just didn't like that Lady doing the interview..Either way I never liked Fedora after that interview..

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

LSU has already been turned down by Fisher, their first choice. They may lose their second pick in Herman to Texas or if Texas doesn't offer, Herman may just stay at Houston. Point being LSU's choices maybe down to coaches who really haven't accomplished much as a head coach. This may not be the best offseason to hire a coach. If I'm LSU I seriously consider Coach O at this point.
I'd hire Coach O. , no questions asked.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

When I've seen Fedora in interviews or on any football related kinda shows, he comes across as being conceded, to the point, he came across as being a jerk to one Lady Sports Reporter in a interview I watched a couple years ago..

I never liked him again after the way he treated that Lady in the interview, in all honesty, it was almost like he was trying to be unlikeable it seemed like or he just didn't like that Lady doing the interview..Either way I never liked Fedora after that interview..
He's not a guy LSU wants, or needs

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA

So it appears the Texas-TCU game will impact 3 different head coaches. If Texas wins Strong may keep his job, Herman goes to LSU, and Coach O is gone. If Texas loses then Strong is probably gone, Herman goes to Texas, and Coach O may stay at LSU. All of a sudden a meaningless game between a 5-5 and a 5-6 team has importance for many people. No matter how it turns out I guess half the people at both schools will be happy and half not.

Last edited:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

I totally agree with this! Hire coach O and let him go get an elite OC and call it a day. I'm not sure LSU can do better than that.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

1. CLK probably will be coaching somewhere next year. His contract is up with UA.
I kind of expected him to be gone by now, but with the quality openings it is hard to imagine Kiffin stays. Having said that, Kirby Smart took his time until he found the right job. Kiffin just might be patient enough to do the same.

I have a hard time believing Herman is not even going to listen to Texas. My guess is he's got a "deal" in place with LSU IF he doesn't get the Texas job.
It's starting to look like LSU might not be handling this hiring situation well. They really dragged their feet on Jimbo and it might have cost them. Then, this Herman thing. Even if he's a good hire, LSU is out there publicly on this and they just are in no position to match if Texas wants him.

The part that stands out is that LSU wouldn't pay Jimbo what he wanted. Look, we know he's not Nick Saban, but they already fired Les Miles. If they want one of the most successful coaches/recruiters out there, they have to pay.

The only part of this story that sounds believable tonight is that Jimbo is happy at FSU. Herman to LSU and Strong staying at Texas doesn't make sense. I don't know why Herman would prefer LSU. Texas should be able to outbid anyone.
I agree it doesn't make complete sense, but I do get why Herman would demand Texas boosters leave him alone. If they won't, he can go to LSU.

Meh. LSU has had far more success and more NFL starters than FSU.
A lot of that is due to Nick Saban. Remove his influence and it is a different picture. That is my point. LSU was not the magical place it is currently before he had his impact. Also, take a look at this list:
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/number-of-nfl-players-by-college/2015/
#1 Miami: 62, Florida 59 (tied with Alabama for #2), LSU 57, and FSU 55. Now, if one was to think about that list, couldn't they come to the conclusion it was "guys who played for Nick Saban" and "guys from Florida" at the top of that list?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

In other words, you hope they hire him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: LSU offers Jimbo Fisher (or is it Tom Herman)?

I'm surprised James Franklin's name hasn't come up.
He is a PA guy whose dream job (at least, in college) was PSU. Also, PSU prefers to keep head coaches and will let a guy stay through rough years. Not sure why he would leave for some of these jobs. Much better quality of life as PSU's coach than at LSU or Texas.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

LSU would be better off and $$$ ahead to keep Orgeron than hiring Fedora assuming Herman stays at Houston or goes to Texas.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

He is a PA guy whose dream job (at least, in college) was PSU. Also, PSU prefers to keep head coaches and will let a guy stay through rough years. Not sure why he would leave for some of these jobs. Much better quality of life as PSU's coach than at LSU or Texas.
Don't forget that POS got out of Nashville just ahead of his players' rape case.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

So it appears the Texas-TCU game will impact 3 different head coaches. If Texas wins Strong may keep his job, Herman goes to LSU, and Coach O is gone. If Texas loses then Strong is probably gone, Herman goes to Texas, and Coach O may stay at LSU. All of a sudden a meaningless game between a 5-5 and a 5-6 team has importance for many people. No matter how it turns out I guess half the people at both schools will be happy and half not.
If you are Strong, winning this is like LSU winning their bowl game last year. All it does is buy you time. When the $$$ behind the team wants you gone, you are gone. It's just a matter of time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.