LSU - TAMU; Fournette Didn't Travel to College Station

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Multiple reports out saying LF7 didn't travel with the team due to his ankle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: LSU - TAMU Game Thread; Fournette Didn't Travel to College Station

Protecting his NFL future. Can't say I blame him..

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

He apparently wasn't going to play last week until he started jawing with the UF staff before the game.

Seems like a good guy overall but emotional decisions make stupid business decisions...

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

He apparently wasn't going to play last week until he started jawing with the UF staff before the game.

Seems like a good guy overall but emotional decisions make stupid business decisions...
Well it's the same guy who struck the Heisman pose after scoring his first college touchdown. Not a bad guy but does seem to get stubborn ideas in his head and make rash decisions occasionally.

Heck of a player. Really not his fault that there is literally nowhere for him to go against Alabama. In a league with more parity and even a decent O-line I truly think he will have a successful NFL career if he can stay healthy.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

We wasn't supposed to play last week, so he is clearly injured. Not sure why all the fuss.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

We wasn't supposed to play last week, so he is clearly injured. Not sure why all the fuss.
Because like CA mentioned he wasn't supposed to play last week. Then, he gets into it with a Florida assistant.

Maybe just a coinencedensce, but he's been fine against weaker competition and too banged up against good competition.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Because like CA mentioned he wasn't supposed to play last week. Then, he gets into it with a Florida assistant.

Maybe just a coinencedensce, but he's been fine against weaker competition and too banged up against good competition.

Anyone who thinks that he has been faking his injury off and on throughout the season needs to seek therapy.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Anyone who thinks that he has been faking his injury off and on throughout the season needs to seek therapy.
It's yet to help me, so I don't expect it to start now.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
LSU - TAMU Game Thread; Fournette Didn't Travel to College Station

No one said he's faking his injury. He just comes off as a front runner. When LSU played Ole Miss and Arkansas (2 of the worse rush defenses in CFB) there was no problem or mention of the injury. Against Bama and UF he was "nicked up." Now that LSU is out of contention he isn't even traveling with the team. I don't blame him for protecting himself for the NFL at this point but lets call it what it is. If LSU was leading the SEC west he would be playing tomorrow..

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Talk on their boards is that his future may already be at risk. He apparently has a very loose ankle from reinjuries and may require surgery after the season and miss the combine. For a RB, with the short shelf life in the NFL, that's bad news indeed...

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

Well, Guice is the man anyway, right ? Right ?

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

I know LF is a very good back but he looks great running through a hole that's 5 yards wide.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I thought the jawing with UF was a Coach Yaw Yaw ploy to get LSU fired up, especially when LF wanted to play. That fits Yaw Yaw's style.

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014

Not suggesting that he is faking his injury, but there has been very poor decision making regarding his playing time. If he is injured/nicked up/day to day... whatever, why try and have him break every single game rushing record during blowouts. The games they won since CEO took over could have been won with LF7 in street clothes. He wasn't effective at all in their losses. Very poor injury management by the coaches, medical staff, LF7, or a combination of the three. Maybe CLM limiting his carries in the Wisconsin and AU games when he seemed to be having some success had more to do with protecting him than just poor offensive play calling. I hope it doesn't cost him at the next level.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

No one said he's faking his injury. He just comes off as a front runner. When LSU played Ole Miss and Arkansas (2 of the worse rush defenses in CFB) there was no problem or mention of the injury. Against Bama and UF he was "nicked up." Now that LSU is out of contention he isn't even traveling with the team. I don't blame him for protecting himself for the NFL at this point but lets call it what it is. If LSU was leading the SEC west he would be playing tomorrow..
Are you remembering who LSU plays today? aTm is one of the softest run defenses in all of FBS football. Fournette would have alleys 5 yards wide to run through in this game. Guice is going to have a high yardage game against this team unless LSU has thrown in the towel altogether.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.