CNN contributer "We don't need white people leading the democratic party right now"

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
CNN contributer "We don't need white people leading the democratic party right now"

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016...eople-leading-the-democratic-party-right-now/

Hmm. Racist much?

On Wednesday’s “CNN Newsroom,” CNN Political Commentator and former National Press Secretary to Democratic presidential candidate Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) Symone Sanders argued, “we don’t need white people leading the Democratic Party right now. The Democratic Party is diverse, and it should be reflected as so in our leadership,” during a discussion on the possible DNC Chairmanship of former Vermont Governor Howard Dean (D).
Oh wait, its Breitbart, a fringe, fictional news source. But, then again, she did say it on CNN, a "reputable, neutral" news source.

tidegrandpa

All-American

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Re: CNN contributer "We don't need white people leading the democratic party right no

So being white is a liability to the democratic party. Now remind me who is the racist party?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: CNN contributer "We don't need white people leading the democratic party right no

Well, the last white three white people they ran for Prez lost so....

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004

So being white is a liability to the democratic party. Now remind me who is the racist party?
The Republican party, because there is a guy, who knows a guy, who heard from another guy, that someone wearing a Make America Great Again hat said something mean to a person who maybe was not white.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

This is the core problem with the liberal movement in this country. It isn't liberalism. It is multicultural coalition that is economically similar to the conservative movement and practically identical to the other side of the aisle in terms of foreign policy. I think one of the secondary keys to Trump's electoral college victory was that he appeared to be a non-interventionist candidate compared to Clinton. We, all Americans, have practically voted "non-interventionist" foreign policy for nearly 3 decades but the policy hasn't changed no matter who is in office and I don't think it is going to change drastically under Trump either.

There is nothing substantive to latch onto in the DNC platform from a self-interest perspective for the average white person. Non-gay people generally don't vote on single-issue LGBT platforms. White people generally don't vote on single-issue civil rights for minorities platforms. All people vote for what affects them...we're self-interested people.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

to be fair to Bernie, the white Democrats have hosed things up pretty bad

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

to be fair to Bernie, the white Democrats have hosed things up pretty bad
Until 12 days ago, the leadership of the Democratic Party didn't see it that way.

The Democrats have spent decades trashing, mocking and belittling their historic base -- working class Joes of whatever skin color.

As I've stated on this form multiple times, I'm no fan of Donald Trump. But the Democrats who persist in trashing a monolithic Trump supporter in ways they would never tolerate for any other group, serve only to demonstrate why and how they still don't understand what happened to them.

If the leadership of the Democratic Party gives any credence to the idea that they don't need whites, they're ceding elections for 20+ years.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

The problem isn't that they don't think they need the base. The problem is that they're ideologically very similar to the GOP in terms of economics and foreign policy. The only substantive difference is a far more secular, multicultural view on society. They have nothing to sell the american people other than glorified "I'd like to buy the world a coke" platitudes. And as I've said earlier, people vote on self-interest and if you're not an ethnic minority or LGBT then your biggest issues are probably not civil rights but the economy. This isn't the DNC of FDR...this is the Clinton DNC and they're in the bed with the very economic entities that have marginalized the middle class.

The GOP is too...but they'll at least ham it up with some duplicity and outright lies to stir the people up over these sentiments. Oh and I guess they'll also carrot and stick the evangelical christians that they have done nothing substantive for in 40-50 years. They haven't stopped abortion (and never will). They haven't stopped gays and trans from being given more rights and protections. The GOP is terrible to their own base but they're winners and lie and deceive people because they understand politics is about winning then doing whatever you want in post.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016...eople-leading-the-democratic-party-right-now/

Hmm. Racist much?

Oh wait, its Breitbart, a fringe, fictional news source. But, then again, she did say it on CNN, a "reputable, neutral" news source.
What's funny is they had all the demographics lined up THIS election, and the Republican Party was fading into history. They lose and rather than think it might have had to do with the candidate they chose, they blame whitey.

Makes perfect sense if you're a moron.

Furthermore, I'm going to state an unpopular fact you're not going to hear on the news media - it is the REPUBLICAN Party that is 'more diverse' in terms of 'accepting deviations from party orthodoxy' as opposed to simply viewing every person of every stripe of color as a monolith. The GOP - at one time - was far more diverse (again, in terms of tolerance of opposing views) than it is today. It is easy - although not as easy as it was 20 years ago - to name Republicans who hold a more liberal (for lack of a better word) view on things like gay marriage (Portman) and abortion (Susan Collins, Mark Kirk). Try to name a Democrat who is pro-life without looking on the Internet or one who is sort of middle of the road and favor(ed) civil unions and gay rights but was against gay marriage. You can find Republicans willing to raise taxes - go find me a Democrat who will actually put before Congress spending cuts in any area other than defense. (No, "I'm willing to cut things" is NOT acceptable given the chicanery that accompanied the 1982 and 1990 budget deals, which is why you won't find a Republican willing to just raise taxes and actually believe the spending reductions will ever occur - because history shows they won't).

It's also no accident that when the GOP reach was at its widest, they won five out of six Presidential elections, three in absolute routs and a fourth one that may as well have been (Bush-Dukakis). At that time, they still had (basically) the same platform on abortion (to use an overrated example), but their primary appeal was economic. And despite the reputation of Lee Atwater, they ran a 'big tent' campaign on social issues that recognized differences.

Of course, the rise of Gingrich and the boys in 1994 - and then holding onto it for awhile - created its own problem that led to the willingness of Republicans to have purges during the primaries of so-called "RINOs." It was conveniently forgotten that Nixon and Reagan both understood the necessity of having a person with you 60% of the time rather than against you 90% of the time. (Remember - Gingrich and Co were the guys who mis-managed the government shutdown once and then had the insanity to do it yet again two months later).

So the inconvenient TRUTH is that nowadays NEITHER party reflects diversity politically. Sure, the Democrats have people of more colors but when you get right down to the core of the whole thing, they all toe the line on every issue regardless. They spout the same erroneous government statistics and have all the same basic non-solutions that boil down to nothing more than 'vote for me.' Once again, I won't for a single nanosecond deny that the Republicans are essentially their twin - but it's the GOP that gets ripped for it's so-called 'lack of diversity,' which is another way of the "Bonfire of the Vanities" press parroting a myth. They DO lack diversity politically and it's true they don't have the numbers of color - but when you get right down to it, they don't have the wide spectra of beliefs/positions, either.

If you look at the Roosevelt coalition that basically held together from 1932-1968, it was vast. There were huge disagreements within the Democratic Party over things (most tragically civil rights) and how to solve them. But they represented a wider view of position and were able to tuck voters in under a broad stretch. That all ended when we went to the modern primary system between the 1968 and 1972 elections - and it was first the Democrats that had the problem of 'litmus test orthodoxy,' or denying votes to a John Glenn who was with them 90% of the time and nominating Mr 100%-er Walter Mondale to get his tail kicked in the election. (The only reason Jimmy Carter got through that wall is because there were eleven other candidates splitting the liberal vote while he sought the moderate and conservative sections that no longer exist). Then we got the GOP Coalition that basically went from 1972-1992, when Clinton short-circuited it.

Of course, the Dems decided that the only reason they lost all those elections was mythical GOP appeals to racism. (Is this sounding familiar to anyone right now? Save for the fact that I'll concede Trump actually made some nationalist/racist appeals?).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.