Game Thread: Lsu vs Tamu

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
The Aggies just haven't looked good this year or didn't finish the season as strong as I thought they would..It's amazing to think it wasn't so long ago, when Sumlin was being sought after, the way teams are clamouring after Tom Herman now days..I just wanted to remind The Swamp Kittens there's no sure things or sure hires when it comes to college football..

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Their guys played at 90% at best since like game 2 of the season. Even when they played Bama, they were playing hurt. Garrett hasn't been 100% in a bit.
i don't know if he was still hurt in their game vs bama, but i watched garrett some when he wasn't directly involved in plays and he has to be one of the laziest players i have ever seen.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
ATM will never compete in the SEC West unless they become a physical team that plays defense. They also don't seem to be well conditioned because under Sumlin they seem to always fade the last month of the season. Sumlin is not the guy to get them where they need to be. Just one guy's opinion.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I have watched aTm play a few times this year. Their defensive stats were very good going into the Alabama game, but they have been a joke on that side of the ball since. Did they lose players to injury or something?
Like many other teams, they put everything they have into practicing for their game against the Tide. After they lose it anyway, there's very little left to play for. I guess in that regard, AU was smarter than the rest in scheduling the Tide at the very end of their season.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I used to think it was the style offense they ran as to why their defense wasn't any good. But that's not true. They don't run a lot of "hurry up" or as gary danielson would say "fast ball plays". There's just not an element of toughness in the culture of that program and it permeates through the team. Whether you like Chavis or not, he's not a softy and is an above average defensive mind. The aggies aren't lacking in talent so it's not that. I think it's an attitude. Sumlin doesn't instill a mindset of toughness in them. They're mentally weak in other words.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
i don't know if he was still hurt in their game vs bama, but i watched garrett some when he wasn't directly involved in plays and he has to be one of the laziest players i have ever seen.
I thought I noticed that as well in the Bama game.

On one play in particular, one of our guys [don't recall if it was Jalen, a RB, or a WR] ran to one side of the field, had nowhere to go, and doubled back to the other side.

Danielson was heaping praise on Garrett, stating that he had run first to one side, and then the other, but when you saw the replay, he was barely jogging...

Nice to know I wasn't imagining things...

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
So, why is it Guice and LF7 can run all over these teams -- to the order of 200 and 300 yards but can't get 50 vs Bama? Yet most LSU fans will say *they* have the best defense in the country. Something doesn't add up.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
So, why is it Guice and LF7 can run all over these teams -- to the order of 200 and 300 yards but can't get 50 vs Bama? Yet most LSU fans will say *they* have the best defense in the country. Something doesn't add up.
You forgot to include bias in your equation again didn't you?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.