Game Thread: Houston vs Memphis

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Soooooooooo, let's see if the players are focused on playing today with the rumor mill on Tom Herman swirling.

Memphis scores on busted coverage the first minute of the game. We'll find out if it was a fluke or a sign of things to come.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I normally like Cole Cubelic but his questions to Herman were ill conceived. Nobody is going to answer the question "how do you instruct your agent to act on your behalf." There's a plethora of other questions that he could've asked that Herman would answer..

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I normally like Cole Cubelic but his questions to Herman were ill conceived. Nobody is going to answer the question "how do you instruct your agent to act on your behalf." There's a plethora of other questions that he could've asked that Herman would answer..
I muted it. I expected any reporter in that situation to all the usual club handed questions and frankly I didn't want to hear it. At the end of the day, this isn't on the coach. He had an agent. That's who they should direct the questions to.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I think Herman wanted to say something I can't say here.

Last edited:

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Houston has the talent, but with all the chatter, can they focus and come back. Memphis has been "overlooked" for a few years now as they've quietly improved.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Unc down 14-0 vs nc state, and it's not that close. UNC was second in the acc standings for their division.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't think his QB is all that great...really limits their passing game and prone to getting dinged up thus limiting his legs.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Is Herman really good or has he been winning because of a decent qb? Much like malzahn and sumlin?
In all fairness, they at least a decent defense. Louisville made fools out of some competition (and some made fools of them.)

Point is, I think they're more balanced than the teams you listed

Last edited:

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Memphis on this drive had converted on a 3 and 23 and a 4th and 1at the 50 where they swung out to pass. In the redzone now, down to the 5

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yep, all three of Herman's signature wins in his short career have been full-team efforts where the defense and special teams plays were the key to victory. His offensive genius has shown up in these games with well-timed gadgets or the perfect call guessing a coverage.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.