Game Thread: Texas vs tcu (for all the coach strong marbles)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Seems like only yesterday when the season started with Texas killing Notre Dame. Everyone thought Texas was back.

Now they won't even get to a bowl. I don't see how they can keep Coach Strong now.

Sad ending for Coach Strong, but he will bounce back somewhere else, I'm sure. That look on his face and the players in tears....wow....hang in there coach.....

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Nice moment between Patterson and Strong after the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
No way he survives 5-7 and losing to Kansas. I could see him barely surviving by making a bowl game but with the both on the table? See ya.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I feel like he's never had an easy go of it there...it almost feels like it has been a "fire coach strong" environment since his first season. I think their fans vastly underestimate just how far off the road Mack Brown had taken the program when he fell asleep at the wheel. At either rate, he had to produce and couldn't cut it.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I think the Tejas players were boycotting the game tonight. Only explanation. If I was CLK and they came calling I would run the other way. Something good will come along, but not Texas.

Last edited:

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I feel like he's never had an easy go of it there...it almost feels like it has been a "fire coach strong" environment since his first season. I think their fans vastly underestimate just how far off the road Mack Brown had taken the program when he fell asleep at the wheel. At either rate, he had to produce and couldn't cut it.

Great, insightful post...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.