New Coach at LSU - announcement at 1:00 EST (12:00 CST)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Re: New Coach at LSU 1:00

Everyone was so sure that Cochran was going with Smart...since they were best friends. They forget the persuasion of Saban.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Lets be real: Les Miles would've done the exact same or maybe even a game better than Orgeron.

This is starting off as a great day for Crimson Tide, lets keep it going!

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

Hiring Coach O is a mistake IMO. I just don't believe he would have even been on there list if he wasn't the interim.

I doubt we'll ever know but I bet they are settling because no one else was interested. Why would Fisher leave FSU to go to a tougher conference and division. He has it made at FSU where even the DA helps protect his players from the law.

Herman wants nothing to do with the SEC because we play defense here. His offense would be middle of the pack at best in the SEC.

They had to settle for Coach O, no one wants to come to the SEC west.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

Lets look at coordinators under Saban:

Applewhite got pushed out

Steele got pushed out

McElwain took a HC job

Nussmeier got pushed out after Kiffin lurked around his office for a month (lol)

Smart took a HC job

Kiffin ain't getting pushed out the door, and LSU's OC position ain't a HC job. He's not taking the lateral move just to hang with a friend.
Yeah if you are only considering the professional reasons for not making a lateral move. But we have considered if he has personal reasons for making a lateral move?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

Lets be real: Les Miles would've done the exact same or maybe even a game better than Orgeron.

This is starting off as a great day for Crimson Tide, lets keep it going!
Oh my goodness ... you're serious??? LOLOLOLOL ... well anyways, congrats to Coach O. I do wish him well but LSU will be mid to top tier but not Bama tier!

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA

Lane wants to be a HC again, but word is he isn't getting interest from the level of teams he wants. Rather than go be the head guy at Eastern Wyoming tech, he'll move on to another top OC job, assuming he moves on.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

We at Louisiana State would like to announce that Jimbo....I mean Tom...I mean Ed Orgeron is our top choice to lead our program into the future.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Several sources reporting ogeron as head coach
Auburn Undercover says Coach O.

LSU football's search for a new head coach has come to an end.
On Saturday, the Tigers will name Ed Orgeron the next head coach at LSU, sources confirmed with Geaux247. The news comes after the Tigers had begun a search that included talks with Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher and Houston head coach Tom Herman.
Orgeron will be named head coach during a press conference on Saturday at 12 p.m.
Orgeron plans to bring in a new-look staff that includes a splash hire at offensive coordinator. One name mentioned most by sources is Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin.

TrueBamafan

Scout Team
Nov 13, 2004

LSU fired Miles got turned down from their top 2 candidates and had to hire coach O, yep if I was a LSU fan I would not be happy. If he can get Kiffin to come to LSU that will help him because Kiffin knows his offense.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Lane wants to be a HC again, but word is he isn't getting interest from the level of teams he wants. Rather than go be the head guy at Eastern Wyoming tech, he'll move on to another top OC job, assuming he moves on.
I doubt he move in that case. He knows what he has here is working and that counts for something. I'm sure Coach O is a better drinking buddy (seems like he's the kinda guy who tallies how much he's drinking by the case) but I am not so certain that is a big draw for Kiffin. Nor do I think he is a good hire for LSU. He's literally a year or two from being a head coach again. LSU could very well hire him and be looking for a new guy by around this time next year.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: New Coach at LSU 1:00 EST (12:00 CST)

Supposedly Saban doesn't like assistants making lateral moves. Not that he can stop him, but it could kill his chances of being our next coach if he does go to LSU.

I would like him to go to Houston. A pass happy school and a chance to hone his HC skills at a G5 and maybe return in a few years.

And if he leaves early, we have Sark as an interim OC for the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: New Coach at LSU 1:00 EST (12:00 CST)

Honestly, I am more worried about Coach O extending the opportunity to Sark then Kiffin leaving for the most enticing job after some of this other stuff shakes out. Then we lose all continuity in this style Kiffin brought to Tuscaloosa in 2014 which is really nothing like what any of Saban's OCs in the past have ran (gotta wonder if Nick has someone in the ol' rolodex that could come in and keep it similar).

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

LSU fired Miles because he hadn't recently beaten Saban and hired a guy who has never beaten Saban and just lost to him earlier this month.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.