New Coach at LSU - announcement at 1:00 EST (12:00 CST)

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Yes, until the LOI (letter of intent) is signed and delivered to the school on National Signing Day (or after) and commitment is simply a verbal intent.
And National Signing Day is in February. And I believe the no-contact period is about to begin, so LSU has little time to "fix" these problems.

^for RWB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
They are still paying Les Miles too. If they fire Orgeron, they're going to owe a lot of money. Coach O may have job security at least 3 years.

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
This has to be one of the most stupid deals I have ever seen.
Without a doubt stupid, the man was begging to be their head coach, was not their first choice, and does not yet have the track record...but there have been some amazingly stupid deals over the years

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Without a doubt stupid, the man was begging to be their head coach, was not their first choice, and does not yet have the track record...but there have been some amazingly stupid deals over the years
But he does have a track record - 10-25 in three seasons at Ole Miss.

That's the type record for a coach that gets this type contract for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

It does raise eyebrows. I think they could have gotten him to agree to a much less buyout. Maybe they think he will go undefeated in a couple of years and move up to a school near his hometown.......oh wait.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.