New Coach at LSU - announcement at 1:00 EST (12:00 CST)

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Re: New Coach at LSU 1:00

I'm ok with them getting either.

Coach O - While I like him personally, he'll never be able to compete with CNS and will never be able to get Kiffin to go over as OC. LSU will still be close to top tier SEC. Of course, they'll get tired of O and fire him like they did Miles but sooner.

Herman - With him being primarily offensive and probably letting Aranda go, CNS gets even more great defensive recruits from state of La. LSU gets their wish: more offense but pays for it with less defensive.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Per twitter they are saying Coach O as well. Good for him and for us. ;)
This is the problem in firing someone during the season. The interim guy does a decent job and you feel pressure to keep him full time even though you never would have considered him otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I just hope Coach O doesn't persuade Kiffin to LSU if he does get the job. Surely he will either stay at Bama or get a head coaching job outside the SEC? Why would he make a lateral move with Coach O (though they did work together a lot already)?

I thought I read that Coach O had in his plan he laid out to the administrators that he wanted to get or could get Lane to come to LSU. Wonder if Lane would go to Houston?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I just hope Coach O doesn't persuade Kiffin to LSU if he does get the job. Surely he will either stay at Bama or get a head coaching job outside the SEC? Why would he make a lateral move with Coach O (though they did work together a lot already)?

I thought I read that Coach O had in his plan he laid out to the administrators that he wanted to get or could get Lane to come to LSU. Wonder if Lane would go to Houston?
I don't see why Kiffin would leave for another OC job (not in NFL). Now, I am worried about maybe Houston wanting him as a HC. And he can see how success at Houston can give you a HC at a bigger power 5 school.

TrueBamafan

Scout Team
Nov 13, 2004

Kiffin going sideways to me would be a mistake on his part. I would stay at Bama until a head coaching job opened up that I would want.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Just reported on ESPN as a rumor that Coach O would go after CLK.
That was speculation, not sure I'd call it "reported"

Love that Coach O will be hired as a Bama fan....means LSU will be irrelevant for the next 5-7 years

If CLK goes to BTR, then that's on him, he will just be irrelevant right next to Yaw Yaw

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Lets look at coordinators under Saban:

Applewhite got pushed out

Steele got pushed out

McElwain took a HC job

Nussmeier got pushed out after Kiffin lurked around his office for a month (lol)

Smart took a HC job

Kiffin ain't getting pushed out the door, and LSU's OC position ain't a HC job. He's not taking the lateral move just to hang with a friend.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Can any sane person argue Orgeron is an upgrade over Miles? Seriously? This was an exercise in public stupidity.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.