NCAA 2006 Cover Athlete

bamafan37

1st Team
Feb 2, 2005
EA announced today that the cover athlete for this year's game will be Desmond Howard, the Michigan WR who won the Heisman in '91. :confused:

Why use him instead of someone like Cadillac or Braylon Edwards? I guess they wanted a Heisman winner for the "Race for the Heisman" feature, and Leinart didn't leave early...

Last edited:

bamafan in TX

Scout Team
Jul 16, 2004
I don't get why they didn't use Jason White. He's won it and almost won it again this year. That seems to fit the model for the new game option.

????

bamafan37

1st Team
Feb 2, 2005
BamaJeff said:
I live in New Albany Ms. Brodie Croyle on the promotional cover at Game Stop. How cool is that? :)
Sweet! :) Think he's on the promo covers all over the country?

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
Don't know. It's probably a regional thing. I find it funny that I live about 45 minutes from Oxford and they didn't put an Ole Mrs player on the cover.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
bamafan in TX said:
I don't get why they didn't use Jason White. He's won it and almost won it again this year. That seems to fit the model for the new game option.

????
I'm guessing it has to do with the (in)famous "Heisman Pose" that Howard struck....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.