Game Thread: Official Post Game Thread Bama vs. Barn...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just jumping into this thread now, so not sure if it has already been discussed...

Watching a replay of the game, and when Hump came up limping, sure looked like a hamstring...

I heard what Coach said in his post-game presser, about him possibly being ready for next week, but if it's indeed a hammy, they need time to heal...

Hope I'm wrong, but might need Levi Wallace / Shyheim Carter next week, esp if we want to give Hump time to heal up for the playoff...

If any insiders have light to shed on this, needless to say, it would be most welcome...
Upthread someone said CNS said in his post game presser that Marlon could have gone back into the game if needed.

Sounds minor.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
How bad does it look to have your Oc tell your head coach he is wrong? Gus telling his qb he picked the wrong rec'vr then his OC telling Gus he was right and the qb was right. That should tell you something

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
With all due respect, Dub, White is a marginal SEC QB at best. I admire his tenacity and willingness to play through his injuries, but he is not mobile enough and his arm strength is questionable. If auburn is to get back as a serious SECW contender they need to find and develop a QB that fits Gus's system.
He's actually not a statue. Picked up some big first downs with his legs. Just enough of a threat to keep you honest.

True, the deep ball is not his strength, but he excelled at short and intermediate throws. When that went away so did the offense we had rolling so well for 7 straight weeks. Pettway going down hurt too, but with no passing game whatsoever, we were screwed.

He's injury prone. It's too bad but thems the breaks. Had he stayed healthy and rainman hadn't been calling plays in 2 of our first 3 games we could have been looking at a 10-11 win season.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He's actually not a statue. Picked up some big first downs with his legs. Just enough of a threat to keep you honest.

True, the deep ball is not his strength, but he excelled at short and intermediate throws. When that went away so did the offense we had rolling so well for 7 straight weeks. Pettway going down hurt too, but with no passing game whatsoever, we were screwed.

He's injury prone. It's too bad but thems the breaks. Had he stayed healthy and rainman hadn't been calling plays in 2 of our first 3 games we could have been looking at a 10-11 win season.
I agree - White is a very good QB. His issue is his inability to stay on the field.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I sure get it. There were numerous times when Gary seemed audibly disappointed that Alabama had a good play and quite pleased when Auburn got a first down.

Plus, even those two knuckleheads commented on how many times they were going to bring up the Kick Six.

It used to be that Gary would say, "Alabama likes to run this play in these situations," and then Alabama would run the play he described. Now, they search frantically for an occasion to talk about the kick six. I wish Gary would join Verne in retirement. I'm sick of it. The game is much more enjoyable with the TV on mute. In fact, in this day and age, I don't know why CBS can't broadcast the game with Eli Gold as the voice over (or whoever the Barn equivalent is, if the viewer chooses). I realize it is copyright and legal considerations, but firing Gary and piping in Eli would be a huge improvement.
If all that stuff bothers you that bad then you ought to mute it or listen to Eli and sync it up with the CBS broadcast.

Otherwise, just remember we are 12-0 and going to the SECCG!!!:wink:

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
For some reason Gus is never called out on his complete inability to develop a QB. Only time his offense works is when he gets a transfer
Lashlee isnt stupid he was going to be the fall guy when he took over play calling. Hate it for him and Gus they're not playing West Haystack High anymore. Everyone has figured it out.

How bad does it look to have your Oc tell your head coach he is wrong? Gus telling his qb he picked the wrong rec'vr then his OC telling Gus he was right and the qb was right. That should tell you something

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Not sure it's a good thing, but I fear I'm living proof that bus stop advertising works...

Was walking home from the office > 20 years ago, n saw a Corona ad, w the lime in the top, and condensation running down the outside of the bottle...

There was a beer store on the way [different rules for selling alcohol up here], grabbed some, and have been a convert ever since.

If I knew then what I know now, I'd have bought stock in the company...
I don't always drink beer, but when I do it's Sam Adams, Blue Moon, Fat Tire or Bud. Bud was in the fridge.

I do enjoy trying different beers, especially dark, full bodied beers.

On topic, if Auburn hadn't stolen two victories this would have been 9 in a row.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
You presume much. Without Sean we have no passing game. KP wasn't even the starter for LSU. Kerryon got hurt the next week against MSU and that's when he took the reins.
I think a healthy Malik could've helped just for depths sake. He was playing well. Can you imagine having both he and Kerryon in the same HS backfield? That's why Madison Academy has dominated 3A the last few years.

Like someone else said. Until you guys get a QB to fit Gus's system I don't see much improvement. He's whiffed on evaluating QB talent in 2015 and 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Different strokes for different folks I guess. Actually, I like that he trys to express what he thinks coaches and players are thinking/seeing/strategizing etc. Kinda the job description of "color commentator" in my book.
I didn't complain about his analysis. It's the one thing he does pretty well. But his beating the dead horse on things he wants to be a factor/storyline grates my nerves. I get why he's doing it. All networks do this. He's just bad at it. Analyze the game for what it is not what you want it to be. Make the storylines out of that. To me that's the job of a color commentator. Like you said different strokes for different folks.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think a healthy Malik could've helped just for depths sake. He was playing well. Can you imagine having both he and Kerryon in the same HS backfield? That's why Madison Academy has dominated 3A the last few years.

Like someone else said. Until you guys get a QB to fit Gus's system I don't see much improvement. He's whiffed on evaluating QB talent in 2015 and 2016.

You've just triggered me. I've got opinions about academies competing against public schools... :D

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
If Gary wants to be a know-it-all so bad, perhaps he should actually know basic parts of the game. For example, on the ineligible receiver downfield call that he harped on for being wrong, it was pretty obvious to anyone who understands the game at all that the player on the end of the line was covered up and that the pass was a yard or so beyond the line of scrimmage. Belaboring that point made him look like a complete fool watching the game for the first time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.