Is Lamar Jackson for Heisman now over?

Yep me too. Trent had at least 3 different "Heisman Moments" that season, but his campaign was hindered by major factors as far as the voters were concerned: 1) Bama fatigue aka the Bama hateration movement took flight in 2011 after we lost 9-6 to LSU but were still in the BCSCG discussion and eventually awarded a rematch the weekend before the Heisman was named.
2) he played behind arguably the O-line in recent CFB history, and since his success was equal to Ingram before him, more credit began to be given to the O-line and the"system" we ran (basically the knock we heard against DH last year during Heisman season)
3) We didn't play in the SECCG game that year. Trent probably would've had another 100 plus 2 TD performance had we made it to ATL. Instead, LSU makes it to the SECCG, Tyrann Mathieu went all Honey Badger on UGA and thus took a lot of regional votes away from Trent.
Yeah, those factors were enough, especially your third point. Not some QB that lost games for his football team. At least he did get the Doak Walker award.

Sent from my iPad Pro 12.9" using Tapatalk Roll Tide!

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I'd say Watson. He has one more game to put up big numbers. If he has another night like he did against USCe then he wins it IMO. Peppers is good but he doesn't have the #'s to back it up. Also (like Jackson) not playing another game next week will hurt his chances. Allen will probably fall victim to Bama fatigue and Hurts is not the best player on the team....this year.... Baker Mayfield even with a 400 yard 6 TD game may at best get him 2nd place.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.