Alabama LAST in the nation in opposition penalties

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I have just posted this on a couple of fan boards who are always whining that Alabama has the refs in their pocket. I know they will dispute these facts, but hey, why let facts stand in the way of a good rant.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
The question we should be asking ourselves, is why? Why don't our opponents have more penalties against them? I hope this trend doesn't carry into the playoff...........

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008
This may be due to Alabama having time of possession advantage.

Offenses get penalized more on average than do defenses.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
That can't be, we all know the SEC based in Birmingham makes Alabama the conference favorite, and refs are ordered to change the outcomes of games.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
That can't be, we all know the SEC based in Birmingham makes Alabama the conference favorite, and refs are ordered to change the outcomes of games.
I wonder though if all the conspiracy talk has somehow, on some level, influenced the stripes...

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I have just posted this on a couple of fan boards who are always whining that Alabama has the refs in their pocket. I know they will dispute these facts, but hey, why let facts stand in the way of a good rant.
I was correct. When Alabama plays at home the opponents get more penalties than when Bama is on the road. Like, what does that have to do with the 128 rank? Other excuses too. It is funny how people deny facts when it goes against their wants.

I wonder if LSU Dad knows this.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
It's amazing how perfectly disciplined teams are when they play us. Kudos to all the opposing coaches for getting their teams so prepared that they eliminate penalties, as well.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Now they are saying we get all the "critical" calls in a game, so it's not the total number, it's the importance of the calls.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The slide scale is real...it will always be something to explain why they're garbage 4-loss teams or worse. It's not like Bama beat em 4 times...they suck.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Exactly. ..it's not the number of calls but the timing. That's what the majority of fans from other teams are saying when you point out that Bama ranks last.

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
Now they are saying we get all the "critical" calls in a game, so it's not the total number, it's the importance of the calls.
That logic is completely based on the result of the play/drive. If we score on a no-call or a penalty that keeps the drive alive, the refs did it intentionally. They don't score on their missed calls or calls that keep their drives alive, the refs must have known beforehand they wouldn't score or that it wasn't a "critical" drive.

There was even an idiot on TD that said we are penalized sometimes so that we can run clock or get better field position for field goals/punts. Not only are the refs biased, they are also psychic. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.