Record 12 SEC teams will receive bowl invites this year

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Mentioned this in the post-game thread last night, but thought it deserved its own thread.

With Vandy's win over the Viles last night, the SEC now has 11 teams with 6 or more wins. 5-7 Mississippi State will qualify based upon APR. Every team but two will be playing beyond November, those two being Mizzou and Ole Miss.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Mizzou and Ole Miss sure have fallen. I am interested to see if the SEC can redeem themselves in the bowls this year.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
As long as Alabama wins out, I don't care if the Conference goes 1-11.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Dub, who's getting the sugar? AU or LSU? I'm optimistic it's my tigers, but won't be surprised either way. I think a FL bowl is more interested in bringing AU vs LSU

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Dub, who's getting the sugar? AU or LSU? I'm optimistic it's my tigers, but won't be surprised either way. I think a FL bowl is more interested in bringing AU vs LSU
I'm certain it will be Auburn. I don't think you will jump us. We were 13 in CFB poll, y'all were not even in the top 25, you beat a team that was not in the top 25, we have a head to head on you (something the CFP says does matters) and one more win than you. The only way I see us not going to the Sugar Bowl would be if Florida somehow managed to beat Bama.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
There used to be a saying that the Sugar Bowl hated for LSU to be their SEC representative. "They travel the day of the game with a sack lunch and drive home afterward".
Does little for the hotel, restaurant and tourist industry of New Orleans.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I hope LSU gets the CItrus but that's because my son wants to go ther and he's part of the pregame mascot ceremony.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
So if Florida is ranked about Aubarn after the SEC championship then UF goes to the Sugar. What if we only beat Florida by 10 points . Who goes to the Sugar Bowl , I guess who ever has the best SOS. The Sugar Bowl will have a 4 loss team. Beat you can pick up some cheap seats this year in New Orleans.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
Depends on the match-ups. We had favorable match-ups last year and we went 9-2. I know someone said he hopes the SEC goes 1-11 as long as Bama wins but that is a mis-guided thought IMO.
No one said they"hoped" anyone lost. They said they could care less what the rest of the league does, only what Bama does. Considering I've heard that sentiment countless times on here, don't really know how that's misguided. Sorry, not spending any energy worrying about what bowl Auburn goes to or whether they win or not.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I am a football junkie that time of year so I care where everyone goes because I will be watching. I always pull for the SEC teams to win just because it makes us look better. I really hope we beat the Big 10 +2 in all games this year. Not sure if I buy they have pulled ahead of the SEC as the talking heads would have you believe.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.