2016 SEC Championship Gameweek Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Being fine with a rival fan that comes in and criticizes and nitpicks your head coach seems like a foreign idea to me, but ok.
90+ percent of my comments about Saban are supportive and complimentary. I think more of Saban as a head coach than any other head coach in the country - including ours. My posts on TideFans and every other forum support that. But I am not a sycophant, posting what others want to hear. I apologize if that sometimes grates on your nerves. That is not my intent.

:cheers2:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
90+ percent of my comments about Saban are supportive and complimentary. I think more of Saban as a head coach than any other head coach in the country - including ours. My posts on TideFans and every other forum support that. But I am not a sycophant, posting what others want to hear. I apologize if that sometimes grates on your nerves. That is not my intent.

:cheers2:
B1G, in an earlier post, I took issue with your seeming sensitivity to what CNS said to the reporter. However, no big deal. I for one am glad that you`re a regular poster. I personally think that the board would be the lesser if you weren`t here :), FWIW. RTR!

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Coach Saban says things at times that make me cringe. One was at the half of either the Barn game or the Chattanooga game, I don't remember which. He bit the reporters head off with "you want me to tell them that?"

I didn't have much of a problem with the aforementioned incident with the reporter because I don't know CNS's relationship with the guy. I'm fairly certain he won't be receiving an apology.

I love having B1G on the board. He's football smart and brutally honest. AuDub, LSUdad and Bazza are also very cool. It never hurts having opinions that aren't jaded crimson.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
The thing about BIG is that even if I don't agree with him on a particular post I can never say it's because his post was disrespectful. It's quite ok for BIG to see this in a different light than others.
BIG, as far as I'm concerned you're always welcome here.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Coach Saban says things at times that make me cringe. One was at the half of either the Barn game or the Chattanooga game, I don't remember which. He bit the reporters head off with "you want me to tell them that?"

I didn't have much of a problem with the aforementioned incident with the reporter because I don't know CNS's relationship with the guy. I'm fairly certain he won't be receiving an apology.

I love having B1G on the board. He's football smart and brutally honest. AuDub, LSUdad and Bazza are also very cool. It never hurts having opinions that aren't jaded crimson.
IRC the reporter asked CNS "What have you told your team?" Keep in mind this was at the end of the first half. A dumb question given the fact he had yet to leave the field. And he didn't bite her head off IMO.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
IRC the reporter asked CNS "What have you told your team?" Keep in mind this was at the end of the first half. A dumb question given the fact he had yet to leave the field. And he didn't bite her head off IMO.

If you are from the South, your momma didn't allow you to speak to women this way.

Sorry, I'm unable to post the video from my iPad.

Last edited by a moderator:

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
jmho but dont ask cns a dumb question and he wont bite, the coach is all about the task at hand, his players and preparing and he doesnt want to talk about any thing else i for one dont have a problem with that RTR!!!!!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yah, I guess my problem is the insipid questions most reporters ask - it's like most of them have no real understanding of the game whatsoever and they're just looking for soundbites.

IOW, you don't want an acidic answer? Don't ask stupid questions.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
CNS actually says what 99% of retail workers want to say to a customer's face when they ask a dumb question. Most just don't have the guts to do it. :wink:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
To paraphrase, he asked what Saban he was doing to keep the players focused when they were probably a lock for the playoff no matter the outcome. That is not a stupid question. It is the same as asking how he plans on keeping the players focused for Chattanooga with Auburn the following week.

Since this is a part of Saban's process - playing to a standard - I would think that the answer would be pretty simple for Saban. But you see, he never answered the question. He had a chance to talk about his process and the importance of every game, or the importance of the SECCG. Instead he did "this". And maybe you are not bothered by "this". I get that. I'm past that. His response doesn't bother you. But stop pretending that he was asked a stupid question, because he was not.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
To paraphrase, he asked what Saban he was doing to keep the players focused when they were probably a lock for the playoff no matter the outcome. That is not a stupid question. It is the same as asking how he plans on keeping the players focused for Chattanooga with Auburn the following week.

Since this is a part of Saban's process - playing to a standard - I would think that the answer would be pretty simple for Saban. But you see, he never answered the question. He had a chance to talk about his process and the importance of every game, or the importance of the SECCG. Instead he did "this". And maybe you are not bothered by "this". I get that. I'm past that. His response doesn't bother you. But stop pretending that he was asked a stupid question, because he was not.
After your team benefited from a call that was clearly questionable, I think you would understand perspective. You see it as a good question. We see it as a stupid one since the media guys are around Saban enough to know what his answer would be. You knew what his answer would be.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Yah, I guess my problem is the insipid questions most reporters ask - it's like most of them have no real understanding of the game whatsoever and they're just looking for soundbites.

IOW, you don't want an acidic answer? Don't ask stupid questions.
I get that. OTOH, I've been asked the same stupid questions every day for the past 40 years. "Is it going to hurt? Do I have to get a shot? Can you put me to sleep? I hate needles."

The difference is I'm being paid by the people asking the questions so an acidic answer is not in my best interest. Truth is, an acidic answer is not in CNS's best interest either, he just doesn't suffer the immediate consequences. There's never an excuse fo being rude.

Again, I don't know CNS history with the reporter.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
After your team benefited from a call that was clearly questionable, I think you would understand perspective. You see it as a good question. We see it as a stupid one since the media guys are around Saban enough to know what his answer would be. You knew what his answer would be.
Fair enough. I don't see it as a good question so much as not stupid.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I get that. OTOH, I've been asked the same stupid questions every day for the past 40 years. "Is it going to hurt? Do I have to get a shot? Can you put me to sleep? I hate needles."
I think comparing questions people ask out of fear of the unknown regarding their physical well-being vs questions asked that are simply not well-thought out for an interview is strange, but okay.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.