Big Mac creator passes away

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
http://www.breitbart.com/news/creator-of-mcdonalds-flagship-sandwich-the-big-mac-dies/

There is one small detail missing in this...........................

In Pittsburgh, there was a local burger chain, called Winky's. They had this over-sized burger, call the Big Wink. It was pretty popular.

Then there was this other chain.................with their dinky little burgers. Tired of watching his customers going to Winky's, to buy the real deal, Mr. Delligatti whipped up his version, and the rest is history.

So, all of you health notzys, who hate those fat-laden, salty cheap burgers, now you know who to blame, and which city to pin it on.

Pittsburgh. Almost as nasty as Cleveland, except that it gets a lot less snow, and the rivers never caught on fire. Other than that.................yeah, the place stinks. Although a lot less, now that all the steel mills are closed.

(OK, they may still make some rolled steel, to supply the GE plants, down in Louisville. Just a matter of time before all that goes away. Some Chinese outfit bought GE's appliance works, and eventually.................yeah, we all know what will happen. Contrary to what Drumpf may say.)

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Cuda, always enjoy your posts. But for the sake of your mental health please stop going to Briebart.com:)

Good info about GE. I didn't know that. Bought by Haier.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ces-get-chinese-owner-us-state-mind/78848400/

I bought about ten Haier fridges from HHGregg for my rental properties. Looked good and the price was right. Reliability was poor and replacement parts hard to find. I will never buy another Haier. I have always loved GE appliances. The CEO not so much. I hope they stay the same.

BTW never liked the Big Mac.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
http://www.breitbart.com/news/creator-of-mcdonalds-flagship-sandwich-the-big-mac-dies/

In Pittsburgh, there was a local burger chain, called Winky's. They had this over-sized burger, call the Big Wink. It was pretty popular.

Then there was this other chain.................with their dinky little burgers. Tired of watching his customers going to Winky's, to buy the real deal, Mr. Delligatti whipped up his version, and the rest is history.

So, all of you health notzys, who hate those fat-laden, salty cheap burgers, now you know who to blame, and which city to pin it on.

Pittsburgh. Almost as nasty as Cleveland, except that it gets a lot less snow, and the rivers never caught on fire. Other than that.................yeah, the place stinks. Although a lot less, now that all the steel mills are closed.

(OK, they may still make some rolled steel, to supply the GE plants, down in Louisville. Just a matter of time before all that goes away. Some Chinese outfit bought GE's appliance works, and eventually.................yeah, we all know what will happen. Contrary to what Drumpf may say.)
i've heard this story before

tidegrandpa

All-American

I remember Shoneys Big Boy, looked and tasted just like it.

BTW ignore seebell, Breitbart is not the rag USA Today is.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I remember Shoneys Big Boy, looked and tasted just like it.
Yes, but the Big Wink freaked them out. Shoneys was in bidnis, long before McD. It was not considered competition. It was a different concept, with a different target market. (IOW, the place the "greasers" went to, on the weekends. And some jocks. When Burger Whooper opened the first store, also in the same area, the jocks then hung out at Burger Whooper.) (Mainly because the manager was a semi-pro body builder.) (Who owned a Hemi Cuda.)

When the local no-name cheap burger chain invented something more appealing, than their $0.19 fake burgers, it was soon after that happened the Big Mac came out. (I lived there, when it all this came about.) (But I guess you surmised that, since I knew the Burger Whopper manager owned a Hemi Cuda.)

BTW ignore seebell.

We try................we try...............!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.