News Article: The All Lane Kiffin Related Posts Thread

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Why Lane Kiffin isn't a slam dunk to get a head coaching job

I googled Joey Freshwater and WOW! I wish I hadn't read the rumors, one going back to Feb 2005
I had heard about his "adventures", but had never heard about his alias. Too funny. Joey Freshwater.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

If true he needs to go. Can't let something like this bring the team down. Now I understand why Sark is here if rumors are true.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

If true he needs to go. Can't let something like this bring the team down. Now I understand why Sark is here if rumors are true.
If that is really the reason Sark is here then the plan must have been for him to be gone at the end of the season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

I had heard about them and saw a few post that were just rumors. Now Al.com post it and all u have to do is google the name. Its pretty sick if its true.

I had heard about his "adventures", but had never heard about his alias. Too funny. Joey Freshwater.

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS

I for one have heard enough to let someone else have the problem. Oh, you LSU players out there, better lock up your dates or leave when Kiffin joins the party.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Saturday Down South is reporting that Saturdays game with The Gators will be Kiffins last game with Bama.
The thing that I've learned about Kiffin rumors over the past 3 years is that the rumor finders make them as big as possible. Just about every rumor the last 3 years has had about only 10% truth to it. Just look at how large the Freshwater rumor stretched when it came out. And they are usually big because people know people love to hate him. It is kinda odd that after the loss to ole miss that the rumors started to come out.

Also I've learned that LSU "sources" are far less credible than Alabama "sources". That's not to say that this isn't factual, but it is something not to believe full heartily either.

I wouldn't be supposed if he left Saturday , but I'm not sold that he goes. If he goes I'm glad that he changed the offense that can keep up with teams. So I have no ill will towards him, but I would rather he ride out the two remaining games instead of us playing the new OC game.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch

I do not think that abandoning Alabama in the middle of a title run does Kiffin any favors, reputation-wise. Surely someone who has grown as a man, a coach and a leader would have a bit more gravitas than that. And, wouldn't you want the ring?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I do not think that abandoning Alabama in the middle of a title run does Kiffin any favors, reputation-wise. Surely someone who has grown as a man, a coach and a leader would have a bit more gravitas than that. And, wouldn't you want the ring?
Brian Kelley left undefeated cincanitti before the sugar bowl to go to nd

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011

If he goes we keep on rolling, we beat them with him or without him.:BigA:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

The thing that I've learned about Kiffin rumors over the past 3 years is that the rumor finders make them as big as possible. Just about every rumor the last 3 years has had about only 10% truth to it. Just look at how large the Freshwater rumor stretched when it came out. And they are usually big because people know people love to hate him. It is kinda odd that after the loss to ole miss that the rumors started to come out.

Also I've learned that LSU "sources" are far less credible than Alabama "sources". That's not to say that this isn't factual, but it is something not to believe full heartily either.

I wouldn't be supposed if he left Saturday , but I'm not sold that he goes. If he goes I'm glad that he changed the offense that can keep up with teams. So I have no ill will towards him, but I would rather he ride out the two remaining games instead of us playing the new OC game.
On the contrary, every one I've investigated by talking to the people present, etc., has proven to be ten times worse than what I first heard. He's with us this year by the thinnest of threads and his misbehavior has not been quite as blatant as it was before he was hit with ultimatums last year, and - the offense and QB have done well under him. All that said, I'm perfectly ready to try another direction...

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014

I think Saban's comments today are hinting that he's gone after Saturday:
"I want our players to be in the best position to be able to play well in this particular game, and I think all our coaches are very much committed to that as well regardless of what you read on the blogs or hear or whatever"
The fact that he makes a point to reference only this Saturday's game.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA

It's quite possible an announcement will be made after the SECCG that Kiffin's leaving, but I think he stays through the playoff. I don't know how credible LSU sources are, since I assume someone at LSU started the rumor that they were going to hire Tom Herman.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

On the contrary, every one I've investigated by talking to the people present, etc., has proven to be ten times worse than what I first heard. He's with us this year by the thinnest of threads and his misbehavior has not been quite as blatant as it was before he was hit with ultimatums last year, and - the offense and QB have done well under him. All that said, I'm perfectly ready to try another direction...
I'm more talking about the clearly outlandish ones. The ones that Clay Travis had to take down because they were so stupid.
I'm kinda scared to list the 2 I'm specifically referring to because last year you shut someone down who posted it. So I'll leave it as too bad to be true kinda rumors.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I'm more talking about the clearly outlandish ones. The ones that Clay Travis had to take down because they were so stupid.
I'm kinda scared to list the 2 I'm specifically referring to because last year you shut someone down who posted it. So I'll leave it as too bad to be true kinda rumors.
I don't want to have the details posted, but a couple of the episodes were clearly outlandish and they were true. Unless there's another hairpin turn, like last year, he's terminated Sunday. However, we'll see and we'll see what happens next. I still doubt anyone wants to take a chance on him as a HC. However, I've been wrong before...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.