News Article: The All Lane Kiffin Related Posts Thread

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Re: Why Lane Kiffin isn't a slam dunk to get a head coaching job

If he leaves Sunday then he will have another ring.... SEC champ

Don't be so sure that in the scope of 3 years at LSU the trio cost us a title. Kiffin is an improvement and arranda is a heck of a DC. LSU's problems the last 4 haven't been for a lack of talent it has been a lack of innovation. Kiffin solves that problem
LSU's problems the last 4 years (longer actually) have been Nick Saban.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Sounds like a dad trying to get his grown kids out the house lol

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

LSU's problems the last 4 years (longer actually) have been Nick Saban.
Put a decent OC there they beat us in 12 and 14. LSU can match talent with us, but their offense hasn't had any creativity and becomes very predictable.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

This thread has gone from disbelief and fear that Kiffin will leave, to assuming or perhaps hoping he is gone, perhaps fired, and that it will happen this Sunday morning.

I just listened to Hey Coach from yesterday and I did not hear anything from Saban that could be interpreted that way, although of course Coach is going to play these cards close to his chest. For my part, I hope that Kiffin has improved/is improving, that he does his job focusing on helping us win another championship, and that he does not bring disgrace to the program. This is in absolutely everyones' best interest. Post-NCG is the time for reflection and staff changes, and Saban has proven to be a master, a true chief executive, when it comes to that.
Sorry, Droll, but it's impossible to suppress discussion of a topic which is being discussed openly on national media. Wouldn't do any good...

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Put a decent OC there they beat us in 12 and 14. LSU can match talent with us, but their offense hasn't had any creativity and becomes very predictable.
Don't agree, 81.

We've beaten them when they had a very good QB and threw it 30 times a game. We've beaten them in the middle of the ring. The idea that they immediately become three touchdowns better, against our defense, with Kiffin or anyone else, is dubious.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Well good grief. This is a fine thread to come back to after being away from the Internet all day today.

Hopefully it doesn't screw up tomorrow. I don't really care what he does after that... as I said in some other thread about LSU, I'd hate to lose him but we'll be fine in time. I won't hate to lose all of this nonsense, though.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Don't agree, 81.

We've beaten them when they had a very good QB and threw it 30 times a game. We've beaten them in the middle of the ring. The idea that they immediately become three touchdowns better, against our defense, with Kiffin or anyone else, is dubious.
3 td's better??? Never said that, but had they been 1 score better in most of those games they would've beaten us. Kiffin>> cam Cameron

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

I simply don't agree. Them having a decent OC doesn't come close to countering what we have coaching wise.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

If CLK is gone after the game tomorrow, who will call the plays in our next two games? And yes, I expect us to play two more.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Guess I'll wait till Sunday and see what happens. I'll definitely be watching the game Saturday.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

LSU has 7 QB's on its roster, according to ESPN; 4 are freshmen.
And huge WR's (don't know talent level).
I think whoville would be more of a change of atmosphere, or just a new challenge; going to work for a coach who used to work for him?
I do not think it will make his star shine any brighter; a lateral move unless the who's suddenly found an unstoppable offense and won the NC next year. And unless those underclassmen are just uncovered diamonds, I don't see that happening.
He IS the QB whisperer, but he's not a miracle worker and the who's have QB problems.
I think Houston wants a coach who knows how to score points; that's not Les Miles. It was Tom Herman.
JMO

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS

My problem with CLK being hired has always been one of character and not talent. That is my only reason for not approving of him on staff but no one consulted me. So now 3 years later, the leopards spots have not changed. I am not surprised but hope this does not bite us in the playoff run as a team.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA

I just read Kiffin has an interview at Houston Sunday. Saturday Down South article. Saban is advocating this also, to try to keep Lane from LSU. There are 5 other candidates to be interviewed.
If this is true then it tells us something about Coach Saban's future. It almost confirms that Coach Saban plans to finish his coaching career at Alabama ( not that I ever doubted it). After every season the media reports all the "Saban to NFL" rumors but if Coach Saban was really thinking about the NFL then he wouldn't really care where Kiffin goes.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

We all know Coach Saban's unshakable confidence in his ability to reform. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.
That`s very true and because it doesn`t sometimes is not a reason not to try. In the final analysis, it`s up to the individual. All CNS can do is afford someone an opportunity.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

We truly have no idea what would have happened. But, since we're thinking in "what if's" and "what might have beens". I'll add this. One of Kiffin's weaknesses (that I have noticed) is his stubbornness and unwillingness to change when something isn't working. There have been several, several games over the last three years that if Nick Saban wouldn't have intervened at the half and forced Lane Kiffin to change his play calling. The outcome of several games may have been a lot different. I highly doubt he rids himself of that problem when he leaves us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.