News Article: The All Lane Kiffin Related Posts Thread

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Re: Why Lane Kiffin isn't a slam dunk to get a head coaching job

3 td's better??? Never said that, but had they been 1 score better in most of those games they would've beaten us. Kiffin>> cam Cameron
Sorry, misread the numbers in your first post. But I would still argue against your overall point. If we want to change some aspect of the previous games, by all means let's change turnovers or play calls that cost us a bunch of points, too.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

I think its a disloyal move if Kiffin goes to LSU as OC. As HC? Sure. But as the OC? Why? To what end?

Last edited:

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia

I think its a xxxx move if Kiffin goes to LSU as OC. As HC? Sure. But as the OC? Why? To what end?
I think you better edit your post!

In addition, I wish there was an end of the year scorecard of how many media reports are accurate. I mean, Coach Saban has been from Texas to New York to timbucktoo! Reporting today is pretty much irresponsible and is why the "new" media has evolved.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

I think you better edit your post!

In addition, I wish there was an end of the year scorecard of how many media reports are accurate. I mean, Coach Saban has been from Texas to New York to timbucktoo! Reporting today is pretty much irresponsible and is why the "new" media has evolved.
More times then not, when there is smoke, there is usually fire with these types of things in sports. Time will tell. I hope Kiff at least plays the season out with us if he does leave.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

So, presume CLK is gone Sunday. For those in the know. What next/ Who is our OC for playoffs and possible NC? Is it Sark?

On a side note, years ago prior to CNS, these distractions would worry me. I get the feeling CNS has been planning for this and only he knows what will happen. Either way, I appreciate what CLK has done here at Bama.

RTR!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

More times then not, when there is smoke, there is usually fire with these types of things in sports. Time will tell. I hope Kiff at least plays the season out with us if he does leave.
He might not have that option

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

It sounds like Sark gets promoted I guess? If not him, then who?

My question is, has Sark been here long enough to know our players and their tendencies? That would be the only thing holding Sark back I'd imagine. I'm sure Sark knows the playbook good enough by now though.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL

He might not have that option
I think this is the thing most people are missing. From the talk, why does anyone believe that it is in CLK's control whether he stays or goes? Or rather, his opportunity to affect whether he stays or goes has come and gone and he didn't do what was needed.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

Maybe if Sark is doing well off the field, he will be our next OC since he knows the plays. If not him, then I am sure Saban already knows who he wants. Hope Kiffin does not take Sark with him to Houston if he gets that job. I bet Coach O wants Kiffin and Sark for offense.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

It sounds like Sark gets promoted I guess? If not him, then who?

My question is, has Sark been here long enough to know our players and their tendencies? That would be the only thing holding Sark back I'd imagine. I'm sure Sark knows the playbook good enough by now though.
Napier or sark most likely, but I would think it might be a dual OC kinda deal since CNS knows Napier's tendencies better, but sark knows CLK's. Our offense works better as a hybrid than one or the other

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I'm not sure how the NCAA handles situations like this - we might not be able to use Sark even if we want. We'll know more in a few weeks.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I'm not sure how the NCAA handles situations like this - we might not be able to use Sark even if we want. We'll know more in a few weeks.
If Kiffin is gone, it shouldn't be a problem from a headcount standpoint. Is there another consideration?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

All I know is that we can't use him until he gets promoted to field status.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I don't know - considering we're talking about the NCAA, I'm sure there's a rule, and it's unlikely to make sense...
It wouldn't surprise me to learn the way a guy leaves decides how soon he can be replaced. If he's fired, he can be replaced after the season...if he walks out on the team before the season is over, it would make more sense to be able to replace him immediately. But as you implied, forget logic when trying to figure out what the NCAA will do.

Wondering who will be the OC next week is certainly an interesting sideline to tomorrow's big game.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

Well, luckily this wont be on the defensive side this time around. We can manage our offense just fine without Kiff. Our defense is what will win us another title regardless of what happens on offense. It would have been that way even if Kiff stays.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I don't know - considering we're talking about the NCAA, I'm sure there's a rule, and it's unlikely to make sense...
Pat Haden was technically a staff member when he went down to the field to back up, ironically, sark for a bad call. He got fined for it because he wasn't an on the field staff member. So there is more than likely a rule, I just don't know if it allows you to change a status when a position opens up.

http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/09/pac-12_fines_and_reprimands_us.html

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.