Met and had dinner last night with formersoldier71 from Tide Fans!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
First in person meeting with a member of Tide Fans!

Duane (formersoldier71) had PM'd me last week saying he will be in my area for work purposes and asked if I knew of any decent dining establishments in the area.

One thing led to another and we met last night and had dinner at a local steak house. Talked a LOT about football and a little about Tide Fans along with the usual stuff but I really enjoyed Duane's company and hope that at some point there will be other opportunities to meet forum members when they are in the area.

I'll let Duane tell you about the practical joke we played on my buddy Bob who works at Publix here in the seafood dept. Bob's a UA grad like Duane so I sent Duane in to ask for some of that "Crimson Tide shrimp" ("Don't give me any of that Florida Gator shrimp!")

Enjoyed it Duane....will talk again after the big game tomorrow and see how things shake out.

;)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I've met Simon Bott (who used to run the tape board), the late bayoutider, happy tider, and BamainBoston (the date was 10/27/12, and we played Miss State - Hurricane Sandy hit a few days later).

And I've texted crimsonaudio but we missed each other twice, and I've emailed Tide-HSV a few times.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Just got back home a short while ago.

Bob lit up when I asked about Alabama Roll Tide shrimp. That made his night, I think. Definitely a cool moment.

I am glad that you got to meet me. :biggrin:

But really, I want to thank you for your hospitality and generosity. I enjoyed the evening.

By the way, have you noticed the Alabama decal on the back of your vehicle yet?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
LOL...you made me go out and look.....whew.....no decal! :wink:

Glad you made it back home OK.....and you're welcome but no need to thank me - enjoyed meeting a true patriot and all around good guy.

Thanks for the full banjo! I'm honored! Take care man.....:)

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Selma,
I was supposed to be in Dallas the week of the USC game. I ended up having to go somewhere else.
I was looking forward to contacting some folks there... Maybe next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.