Tide V Texas

JustinT256

1st Team
Sep 21, 2015
Dayton, Ohio
It's going to continue being tough for us to beat any team with a pulse without an inside game. Jimmie Taylor really, really struggles out there. No worries, though! Help is on the way!

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Very disappointing game tonight. Texas is not a very good team, but yet it's another close, 50/50 game that we couldn't finish. It doesn't help that the refs were calling everything on us and we couldn't buy a call. However you can't blame the refs for us not hitting free throws, airballing 3's, and having no logical ball movement on offense.

I might take some flack for this statement. And for the record I love Johnson, I love the direction we are headed, but we aren't very good this year. We honestly didn't look all that different in the 2nd half than Grant's teams did. We didn't adjust, we didn't have scorers who showed a killer mentality. We looked completely emotionless on the court, and Johnson did nothing to ride the refs into getting some calls our way when it went lopsided. Again, I don't say this as a complaint against Johnson for the long term. I'm 100% behind him and what he's doing. He's my dude, but I expect far more out of this team than what we saw late in the game tonight.

I just wish we had someone on the team who would light the team up for their lackadaisical and undisciplined play. You need that captain who the team can feed off of, and I don't see anyone on the team who gives us that. Hopefully the new crop of recruits with have a defined leader. Assuming it will be Sexton, but we'll have to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
We might as well shoot free throws blindfolded. Sheesh. The shot selection from the field is poor too....as is the hussle on offense.

The whole 2nd half it looked like 4 guys were standing still watching the guard dribble? The whole team looks discombobulated. Was it just an off night or is this just how it is right now?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The chemistry is not there yet. Need to push the ball inside more and pretend to go to the basket with authority until believe can actually do it. Need more body control. Need more movement on offense. Lots of "little things" to work on that add up.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

7 points and 7 rebounds total from our post players. 10 of 18 from the FT line. Good first half not good second half.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
During the 1st half, there seemed to be one more extra pass to set up the final shooter. In the 2nd half, there was more dribbling and seemed to be a quicker shot when one additional pass would provide better flow. Texas played better defense in the 2nd half and their full court press constantly gave Bama fits until very late when Bama finally seemed to figure it out.

Ingram was posted on or near the block a few times which, on a couple of occasions, allowed the ball to go in and back out for a decent look at a shot but even then, one more pass may have been what was needed. This would be nice to try with a big man but it too often ends up in a turnover.

Coach Johnson is having a tough time figuring this team out right now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.