The policy and politics of Trumpism - Page 1033
Page 1033 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 33533933983102310261027102810291030103110321033
Results 13,417 to 13,429 of 13429

Re: The policy and politics of Trumpism

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    I'm just asking for one name.
    link

several here
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    link

several here
    Thanks!

I did my own Google search just now and found this webpage which looks very promising. A good starting point for me.

https://thebestschools.org/features/...ge-scientists/

wapo just published the last column written by the saudi journalist who was assassinated and dismembered by the saudi royals.

Jamal Khashoggi: What the Arab world needs most is free expression

A note from Karen Attiah, Global Opinions editor

I received this column from Jamal Khashoggi’s translator and assistant the day after Jamal was reported missing in Istanbul. The Post held off publishing it because we hoped Jamal would come back to us so that he and I could edit it together. Now I have to accept: That is not going to happen. This is the last piece of his I will edit for The Post. This column perfectly captures his commitment and passion for freedom in the Arab world. A freedom he apparently gave his life for. I will be forever grateful he chose The Post as his final journalistic home one year ago and gave us the chance to work together.

The Arab world is facing its own version of an Iron Curtain, imposed not by external actors but through domestic forces vying for power. During the Cold War, Radio Free Europe, which grew over the years into a critical institution, played an important role in fostering and sustaining the hope of freedom. Arabs need something similar. In 1967, the New York Times and The Post took joint ownership of the International Herald Tribune newspaper, which went on to become a platform for voices from around the world.

My publication, The Post, has taken the initiative to translate many of my pieces and publish them in Arabic. For that, I am grateful. Arabs need to read in their own language so they can understand and discuss the various aspects and complications of democracy in the United States and the West. If an Egyptian reads an article exposing the actual cost of a construction project in Washington, then he or she would be able to better understand the implications of similar projects in his or her community.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Do a little independent research. It's disappearing faster than generally expected, alarmist politics aside...
    That’s not a capability too many Trumpers possess - their info has to come from him, Faux News or some other illegitimate right wing nut job (Limburger, Lahwrong, etc.)
    Tribalism has taken them over because they lack any capacity for independent thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    Not sure that all of us do. About 30-40% have seemingly completely turned that off (added some extra % for the nutbars on the extreme left).
    They are told how to think - they arrive at none of their conclusions by analyzing all available data, only what’s on Faux News.

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    They are told how to think - they arrive at none of their conclusions by analyzing all available data, only what’s on Faux News.

evolution is just a theory. checkmate

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    evolution is just a theory. checkmate
    Don't forget, Trump has a "natural instinct for science" and has a "very, very large brain.".

He told us so himself.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Doesn't exactly fit in this thread, but I didn't want to make a new one.

tl;dr is that the Heritage Foundation is playing sugar daddy to conservative law school graduates, making them pledge fealty to the organisation, and then promise never to tell anyone. Not sketchy at all.

A Conservative Group’s Closed-Door ‘Training’ of Judicial Clerks Draws Concern

The closed-door “training academy” was aimed at a select group: recent law school graduates who had secured prestigious clerkships with federal judges. It was organized by the Heritage Foundation, a conservative group that has played a leading role in moving the courts to the right, and it had some unusual requirements.

“Generous donors,” the application materials said, were making “a significant financial investment in each and every attendee.” In exchange, the future law clerks would be required to promise to keep the program’s teaching materials secret and pledge not to use what they learned “for any purpose contrary to the mission or interest of the Heritage Foundation.”

In a brief interview on Tuesday morning, Breanna Deutsch, a spokeswoman for Heritage, declined to answer detailed questions about the event. “It’s a private program, and that’s the way we’d like to keep it,” she said. “Word did leak out a little bit about it, which is fine, but it’s going to remain a private program.”

A few hours later, Heritage deleted the references to donors, secrecy and loyalty from the application materials it had posted on its website. Ms. Deutsch did not respond to a request for an explanation and to other questions about the program. Nor would she disclose the identities of the program’s donors or its faculty, which was said to include several sitting federal appeals court judges and professors “from various prominent law schools.”

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

More conflicts of interest. In any other era, this alone would lead to impeachment. But today: just throw it on the pile.

New Emails and Photo Show President Intervened Directly in Decision Not to Sell FBI HQ Property to Potential Trump Hotel Competitors

[The House Oversight Committee has] serious concerns about President Donald Trump’s abrupt decision to abandon a long-term plan developed over multiple administrations to move the headquarters of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) from its current site on Pennsylvania Avenue NW in Washington, D.C. to a suburban location.

New documents obtained by the Ranking Members show that a more expensive plan to keep the existing property on Pennsylvania Avenue, demolish the existing building, and construct a new facility on the same site—and thereby prevent commercial developers from competing with the Trump Hotel directly across the street—was approved during a meeting with President Trump at the Oval Office on January 24, 2018.

These new documents include emails that describe this decision as “direction from the White House,” “what POTUS directed everyone to do,” and “the project the president wants.” The new documents also show that top GSA officials promised to “hold our ground” on this proposal “per the President’s instructions.”

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    More conflicts of interest. In any other era, this alone would lead to impeachment. But today: trump is totally making america great again

New Emails and Photo Show President Intervened Directly in Decision Not to Sell FBI HQ Property to Potential Trump Hotel Competitors
    fify

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame

The real conflict of interest is Americans who question the actions of a government that obviously has the best interest of all Americans foremost on its agenda.
    I couldn’t have a font blue enough for this post.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...Rm7?li=BBnb7Kz

Trade war with U.S., no problem China moves closer militarily and economically to Russia. How's that for winning?
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

"Get off my lawn." Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino

and folks are still lining up to gleefully support this filth, many of them in the name of christ.

The Guardian slams Trump over comments about assault on reporter

British newspaper The Guardian criticized President Trump Thursday for making light of a congressman's assault of a Guardian reporter, Ben Jacobs, during a campaign rally in Montana Thursday night.

The newspaper's condemnation came minutes after Trump joked that he thought Montana Rep. Greg Gianforte's (R) assault of Jacobs during Montana's special House election last year probably helped Gianforte win the race.

link to tweet

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon