The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I was seriously leaning toward them getting it passed today. Some of the intransigent ones were getting weak-kneed after Trump's ultimatum, but it came out in the AP news wire a few minutes ago that folks in Congress are still saying they don't have the votes.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This should be a fun time for everyone.

Potential 'smoking gun' showing Obama administration spied on Trump team, source says

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...stration-spied-on-trump-team-source-says.html
yeah, about that...

link to msnbc

The chairman of the House intelligence committee has backed down from his dramatic assertion that Donald Trump and his aides were "monitored," by U.S. spies — a claim the Republicans have cited this week in emails to loyalists.

Rep. Devin Nunes told reporters Friday he can't be sure whether conversations among Trump or his aides were captured in the surveillance that has become a source of controversy since Nunes made it public in two news conferences this week.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
So just to be sure I get this right.

We have a president who openly lies on Twitter, with a press secretary who implicates allies in a completely ridiculous manner regarding surveillance.
This same president has issued an ultimatum to his own party, that controls both the house and the senate, and its rebuked.

Is this better or worse than Obama's 'red line' weakness perception by Republicans? Or is it not a weakness and just a sign of savvy negotiating tactics by an amazing businessman?

Does his constant lying about everything actually play in his favor here since when issuing the ultimatum he said he would leave Obamacare in place, and now he can just use Spicer to try and redefine what he really meant in those closed door sessions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.