NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
The only reason I voted Republican this election was because I wanted the ACA in the trash can. My monthly premiums have shot up by $340 in the last 2 years, the market plans are even more expensive and I make to much money for any of the tax subsidies. Plus all the increases in co-pays and deductibles just makes us avoid going to see the doctor as much as possible. There is nothing affordable about the ACA. Will anyone in government ever stand up for the middle class? It's a shame what is happening to the middle class in this country, the backbone of this nation is being racked over the coals and nobody cares. We're not poor enough to get help and assistance and, we are not wealthy enough to get people to bend over backwards for a chance to lick up our crumbs.

Washington isn't going to be happy until they push the middle class into the poor house. We'll then be able to get those subsidies so, I guess that's something to look forward to!

Don't even get me started about how these stupid Republicans are destroying the FCC and net neutrality while running into the arms of big business cable and ISP companies. Plus Trump's stupid un-American travel ban and all this Russian crap. Seriously, at this moment, if I could go back in time I'd vote straight Democrat out of spite.

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The only reason I voted Republican this election was because I wanted the ACA in the trash can. My monthly premiums have shot up by $340 in the last 2 years, the market plans are even more expensive and I make to much money for any of the tax subsidies. Plus all the increases in co-pays and deductibles just makes us avoid going to see the doctor as much as possible. There is nothing affordable about the ACA. Will anyone in government ever stand up for the middle class? It's a shame what is happening to the middle class in this country, the backbone of this nation is being racked over the coals and nobody cares. We're not poor enough to get help and assistance and, we are not wealthy enough to get people to bend over backwards for a chance to lick up our crumbs.

Washington isn't going to be happy until they push the middle class into the poor house. We'll then be able to get those subsidies so, I guess that's something to look forward to!

Don't even get me started about how these stupid Republicans are destroying the FCC and net neutrality while running into the arms of big business cable and ISP companies. Plus Trump's stupid un-American travel ban and all this Russian crap. Seriously, at this moment, if I could go back in time I'd vote straight Democrat out of spite.
I told you so. (too soon?)

But according to Trump Pelosi will be the real loser when they let Obamacare explode, not you.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm sure his original strategy was simply to file bankruptcy and start over. Like a lot of us thought...it doesn't work that way with the federal government.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Good article. Good food for thought about truth telling and lying.

A few things about that article that bug me. First, they didn't distinguish between intentional lies versus biased interpretations. Lying is intentional untruth for some purpose, whereas biased interpretation is either incomplete truth (just one side of the story) or else a misinterpretation which selectively explains the facts. Neither of these latter have to be lies in the proper sense of the term. They are potentially sincere beliefs that are wrong, the wrongness being grounded on group bias. You aren't (necessarily) lying when you think your daughter is the prettiest girl in the school and your son throws the best spiral. Of course, there are Machiavellian lies that are done for the group, and these are neither incomplete grasp of truth nor misinterpretation, but straight up falsification to deceive. The authors did a poor job distinguishing these things. I think some of what Trump does is interpret a biased worldview sincerely, and some other parts are more Machiavellian. Without that distinction the article does more to muddle the issue than to clarify it.

Another issue is talking about Trump in isolation. I'm not speaking here about "black lies", but when it comes to "blue lies," as defined in the article, both sides are equally bad. The political left and the media are definitely blue liars at this point (both as sincere misinterpreters, and sometimes as actual deceivers). The article is playing to the side of the audience that wants to understand why and how Trump is a liar, but it fails to consider that perhaps Trump's embrace in politics as blue liar is because he was very effective in calling out the main stream blue liars on both sides. Trump's entire foray into politics has been calling the other side biased liars. He is not simply telling blue lies. He is claiming everyone else is more guilty of it than he is. This calling out the bias is what first appealed to the masses who felt lied to. The article didn't pay enough attention to this. The broader cultural divide has already divided things up into blue liars. Trump walked into that environment and mastered it. That is not to say he doesn't lie, but the context is much more than the article bothers with. In fact, the article plays to the bias on one side and tries to explain Trump as a blue liar instead of explaining our political discourse as more or less "all blue." The article limps toward the idea that it is Trump and the conservative dimwits are telling blue lies, while the enlightened element of the country is, you know, completely free of group think bias. In other words, the article is involved in a blue lie.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
That stack of blank paper that a few misguided souls actually believed? Conned again.

Forbes: After Promising Not To Talk Business With Father, Eric Trump Says He'll Give Him Financial Reports

Eric Trump sits behind his desk on the 25th floor of Trump Tower on a late February day in New York City, dressed in a slightly less formal version of his father’s go-to power uniform—blue suit, white buttoned-down shirt, no tie. There are reminders of Donald Trump everywhere in this office, including the TV in the corner that beams out wall-to-wall news about the president any time his son turns it on. Amidst it all, Eric Trump, who now manages the Trump Organization with his brother Don Jr., wants to emphasize that the Trump business is separate from the Trump presidency.

“There is kind of a clear separation of church and state that we maintain, and I am deadly serious about that exercise,” he says, echoing previous statements from his father. “I do not talk about the government with him, and he does not talk about the business with us. That’s kind of a steadfast pact we made, and it’s something that we honor.”

But less than two minutes later, he concedes that he will continue to update his father on the business while he is in the presidency. “Yeah, on the bottom line, profitability reports and stuff like that, but you know, that’s about it.” How often will those reports be, every quarter? “Depending, yeah, depending.” Could be more, could be less? “Yeah, probably quarterly.” One thing is clear: “My father and I are very close,” Eric Trump says. “I talk to him a lot. We’re pretty inseparable.”

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

Republicans are part of the reason the premiums went up in the first place. They are the ones that put the ACA where it is.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/3/23/1646512/-Risk-Corridors-or-How-Marco-Rubio-Broke-Obamacare

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.