The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Trump's attorneys: 'No evidence' of voter fraud

President Trump's call for a "major investigation" into voter fraud in the 2016 presidential election is at odds with legal filings in his name that state plainly "there is no evidence" that such fraud occurred on a large scale.

"I will be asking for a major investigation into VOTER FRAUD, including those registered to vote in two states, those who are illegal and....even, those registered to vote who are dead (and many for a long time)," the president tweeted Wednesday morning.

However, in a filing after former Green Party presidential nominee Jill Stein requested a recount in Michigan, Trump's attorneys said there was no evidence of voter fraud, Business Insider reported.

"On what basis does Stein seek to disenfranchise Michigan citizens? None really, save for speculation," the filing reads. "All available evidence suggests that the 2016 general election was not tainted by fraud or mistake."
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/316075-trumps-attorneys-no-evidence-of-voter-fraud
You cant have it both ways:rolleyes: (unless you consider alternative facts)

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I'm fine with voter ID's as well as easier registration as Jon mentioned.

But for those that believe so firmly that illegals are currently voting using driver's licenses whether fake and/or real or however else they're doing it (not necessarily aimed directly at you Bod, just in general) do you not think they would find a way to get fake voter IDs as well? Where there's a will.
Through my economics training, and just observations on human behavior, I'm big on determining incentives. Do people have an incentive to come here illegally? Obviously. Do they have an incentive to get as many handouts as they possibly can? Sure; not too many people will turn down something "free." Is the DNC incentivized to give illegals everything they can? Yes. If one can vote illegally (by whatever means) will they? They certainly have the incentive to do so. Are they to a great extent? I don't know.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I got to say I love a conspiracy so large that the left can get 3-5 Million people to vote illegally but not in swing states and no one bothered to take the buses to the upper midwest where less than 80K illegal votes could have swung the election.

So the left is clever enough to get millions of illegal votes but not smart enough to do it where it matters, got it
Trump is just using the jugheads in the media to talk on the stupid things where he can quietly get away with practically anything he wants without real backlash. All the while making them look dumber for reporting it. A prime example is Rachael Madcow

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
We know they weren't smart enough to know these were the places that mattered as evidenced by Hillary's lack of campaigning in these areas.

SEIU — which had wanted to go to Michigan from the beginning, but been ordered not to — dialed Clinton’s top campaign aides to tell them about the new plan. According to several people familiar with the call, Brooklyn was furious.
Turn that bus around, the Clinton team ordered SEIU. Those volunteers needed to stay in Iowa to fool Donald Trump into competing there, not drive to Michigan, where the Democrat’s models projected a 5-point win through the morning of Election Day.
Michigan organizers were shocked. It was the latest case of Brooklyn ignoring on-the-ground intel and pleas for help in a race that they felt slipping away at the end.
“They believed they were more experienced, which they were. They believed they were smarter, which they weren’t,” said Donnie Fowler, who was consulting for the Democratic National Committee during the final months of the campaign. “They believed they had better information, which they didn’t.”

[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
That a stupid thing like this could determine the fate of the United States makes me question whether the planet wouldn't be better off being destroyed by a comet.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Trump is just using the jugheads in the media to talk on the stupid things where he can quietly get away with practically anything he wants without real backlash. All the while making them look dumber for reporting it. A prime example is Rachael Madcow
There's some truth to this--though I suspect it's more the GOP/far right using Trump as a distraction.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
You cant have it both ways:rolleyes: (unless you consider alternative facts)
You can if you begin with the premise that there could be no fraud in states the president won, and you investigate only those areas where he lost. Although that's only a conversation that's had in weak political systems falling into authoritarianism...

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I got to say I love a conspiracy so large that the left can get 3-5 Million people to vote illegally but not in swing states and no one bothered to take the buses to the upper midwest where less than 80K illegal votes could have swung the election.

So the left is clever enough to get millions of illegal votes but not smart enough to do it where it matters, got it
I voted in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Ohio. ;)

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Through my economics training, and just observations on human behavior, I'm big on determining incentives. Do people have an incentive to come here illegally? Obviously. Do they have an incentive to get as many handouts as they possibly can? Sure; not too many people will turn down something "free." Is the DNC incentivized to give illegals everything they can? Yes. If one can vote illegally (by whatever means) will they? They certainly have the incentive to do so. Are they to a great extent? I don't know.
That logic cuts both ways--the right is just as incentivized as the left. And they are more incentivized to suppress minority turnout--which they have done repeatedly.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
There's some truth to this--though I suspect it's more the GOP/far right using Trump as a distraction.
yeah, trump is flailing around in a tizzy whining about non-existent "illegal" votes. problem is, they can't really control him and that is going to be where the merde hits the ventilador

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
yeah, trump is flailing around in a tizzy whining about non-existent "illegal" votes. problem is, they can't really control him and that is going to be where the merde hits the ventilador
It'll be interesting to see which "fiscal conservatives" sign on to the meaningless $25 billion wall that Trump wants to build. I predict that will be the first true point of strain in this arranged marriage.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I don't do the twitter, so I have no idea who this is, but it is an excellent point that should make us all pause

LivingBlue
‏@LivingBlueinRed

Always remember that when given overwhelming evidence of Russian tampering and zero evidence of voter fraud, Trump chose to investigate us.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It'll be interesting to see which "fiscal conservatives" sign on to the meaningless $25 billion wall that Trump wants to build. I predict that will be the first true point of strain in this arranged marriage.
I disagree. Conservatives have absolutely no issue wasting billions on stupid useless crap. How much did they send to Africa for abstinence programs? How much here for the same programs which not only have been proven to not work but have been proven to actually cause problems? How much are they about to pump into "rebuild" a military that not only far exceeds any in the world but is already bigger than most of the rest of the worlds combined? There are hundreds of examples of the GOP throwing money down the toilet for nothing but political gain, what makes you think this issue will be different?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
We Are Running Out of Ways to Say That President Trump Is a Dangerous, Delusional Lunatic

It's easy to laugh at this, both because you appreciate farce and because you need to do something to mask the pain, but there's an insidious sleight of hand here. It is true that there are dead people who are registered to vote, since most people forget to notify their county elections board of their death. It is also true that there are people—like Steve Bannon, Steven Mnuchin, and the president's own daughter—who, because they have lived in more than one state of late, still appear on more than one voter roll. To be clear, neither one of these true statements has any effect on the integrity of election outcomes, but they're at least...true. When it comes to this president, that's borderline cause for celebration.
Along with these two truths, though, President Trump throws in one outlandish, demonstrably false lie: that there are undocumented immigrants who illegally vote. This tinfoil hat fodder has been debunked by just about everyone you can imagine, but by sandwiching his lie between two truths to make it appear less egregious, he signals to Republican-controlled state governments that they have carte blanche to engage in voter suppression efforts, so long as they give it some septic, administrative-sounding label like "tidying up," "cleaning house," or "updating the voting rolls." Guess which registrations mysteriously and disproportionately disappear during exercises like these? Click if you want, but be honest: You already know.
Processing President Trump's democracy-destroying hijinks du jour has already become an exhausting exercise, because the man is committing his crimes against reality so quickly that there's scarcely time to dissect the horrifying implications of one before another comes along, short-circuits the alarm cycle, and starts it all over again. He is walking chaos theory: if he just keeps the hits coming fast enough, the very real danger is that the collective national outrage will first give way to apathy, and then to resignation.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I disagree. Conservatives have absolutely no issue wasting billions on stupid useless crap. How much did they send to Africa for abstinence programs? How much here for the same programs which not only have been proven to not work but have been proven to actually cause problems? How much are they about to pump into "rebuild" a military that not only far exceeds any in the world but is already bigger than most of the rest of the worlds combined? There are hundreds of examples of the GOP throwing money down the toilet for nothing but political gain, what makes you think this issue will be different?
well, the donald is a person of color

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I absolutely agree with your overall point. However, a majority of GOP voters are in favor of an expanded military. But a majority of Americans disagree with building the wall, especially if taxpayers have to foot the bill. I just think that level of waste will be a harder sell for a proposal so unpopular, but perhaps I'll be wrong.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I absolutely agree with your overall point. However, a majority of GOP voters are in favor of an expanded military. But a majority of Americans disagree with building the wall, especially if taxpayers have to foot the bill. I just think that level of waste will be a harder sell for a proposal so unpopular, but perhaps I'll be wrong.
Star Wars v. 2.0 Rogue Juan.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't do the twitter, so I have no idea who this is, but it is an excellent point that should make us all pause

LivingBlue
‏@LivingBlueinRed
Yet the Saudis and Chinese tampering or aiding goes completely unnoticed by liberals. But because Putin made Obama and NATO look stupid it is.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I'm guessing that Conway and most are trying to but failing and Bannon is pushing in the other direction and succeeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.