Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: China Poised for Leadership on Climate Change After U.S. Reversal

Trump again threatens to change libel laws over his poor coverage in the news. Only this time, he's saying it as the POTUS, not a candidate.
This, to me, is the most chilling aspect of his many disturbing statements. This is one of the first moves of aspiring dictators...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
nebraska is one of 5 of the lower 48 states that i have not set foot in.
Well I lived in Nebraska for 6 years, and found out 3 truths... 1) it's not the the US leader in corn 2) the CWS is fun 3) 80% of the state population lives in a 45 minute radius on the eastern border of the state. If Omaha wasn't such a neat city then Nebraska would be as bad as Kansas.

It honestly doesn't surprise me that WBC is from Kansas because living in Kansas would drive me crazy too.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Well I lived in Nebraska for 6 years, and found out 3 truths... 1) it's not the the US leader in corn 2) the CWS is fun 3) 80% of the state population lives in a 45 minute radius on the eastern border of the state. If Omaha was such a neat city then Nebraska would be as bad as Kansas.

It honestly doesn't surprise me that WBC is from Kansas because living in Kansas would drive me crazy too.
my brother was stationed in a couple of gawd awful places (san angelo and valdosta were the sorst) but thankfully i never had to visit him in nebraska

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Yeah Bamaro....

Fake news. Fake polls. Fake reality. Fake world. Fake everything that disagrees.
It does seem rather fake to state that China becomes a leader with respect to climate change when it hasn't even achieved the level of U.S. reductions over the years (again, with or without Obama's policies).

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

It does take a Congress to tango, unless your name is Barack.
Yeah, I don't think Trump knows that.

Once he does, I half expect an Executive Order 66 that dissolves Congress in an inhumane way.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
i always remember my favorite part was when you could finally see the outline of the mountains not too long after you passed into colorado.

nebraska is one of 5 of the lower 48 states that i have not set foot in.
I checked Nebraska off the list two weeks ago. I've got 45 of the lower 48 (missing Michigan, Delaware, and Ohio - and technically Maryland was just the airport).

You're not missing anything - really. It's just like Kansas only corn instead of wheat.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Yeah, I don't think Trump knows that.

Once he does, I half expect an Executive Order 66 that dissolves Congress in an inhumane way.

"I want the people to know that they still have 2 out of 3 branches of the government working for them, and that ain't bad."

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
my brother was stationed in a couple of gawd awful places (san angelo and valdosta were the sorst) but thankfully i never had to visit him in nebraska
My oldest brother was stationed at Offut for about 6 years, and swore that it was the most boring spot on the planet. It got to the point where he started volunteering for every duty station that opened up--including one in the Arctic.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My oldest brother was stationed at Offut for about 6 years, and swore that it was the most boring spot on the planet. It got to the point where he started volunteering for every duty station that opened up--including one in the Arctic.
san angelo was a hell hole, but they managed to have a lot of fun there.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I was stationed at Offutt. It was pretty boring. Omaha was fun, but the dang Husker fans ruin it for you. The best thing about Offutt is it is in an 8 hr radius of a lot of places of interest like Chicago, Wisconsin, Minnesota, OKC, KC, St. Louis, Rushmore, and Colorado. But again 80% of the state lives in a 45 minute radius on the eastern part of the state.

Best thing at Offutt is the zoo, and the CWS

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

It does seem rather fake to state that China becomes a leader with respect to climate change when it hasn't even achieved the level of U.S. reductions over the years (again, with or without Obama's policies).
China will be heading in the right direction while we will be reversing course and heading in the wrong.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL

Blackwater founder held secret Seychelles meeting to establish Trump-Putin back channel

Washington Post said:
Flynn and Kushner were joined by Bannon for a separate meeting with the crown prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed al-Nahyan, who made an undisclosed visit to New York later in December, according to the U.S., European and Arab officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

In an unusual breach of protocol, the UAE did not notify the Obama administration in advance of the visit, though officials found out because Zayed’s name appeared on a flight manifest.

Officials said Zayed and his brother, the UAE’s national security adviser, coordinated the Seychelles meeting with Russian government officials with the goal of establishing an unofficial back channel between Trump and Putin.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

and it is now official

The Loser in Chief signed it and now your ISP can sell your browsing history to whomever they want. Don't you just feel so much better having a GOP Majority? Isn't this great?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/327107-trump-signs-internet-privacy-repeal

President Trump signed a bill on Monday repealing internet privacy rules passed last year by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) that would have given internet users greater control over what service providers can do with their data, a White House spokeswoman confirmed.

The FCC regulations would have required broadband companies to get permission from their customers in order to use their “sensitive” data — including browsing history, geolocation and financial and medical information — to create targeted advertisements.

The bill uses a little-known tool called the Congressional Review Act (CRA) that allows Congress and the president to overturn recently passed agency regulations. A successful CRA bill also prevents the agency from implementing similar rules in the future.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.