The policy and politics of Trumpism - Page 1202
    BamaNation All-American
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    We're going to have insurance for everybody, there was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us.They can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better. Source
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan. Source
    Can you guess which quote branded a president as a habitual liar?

Re: The policy and politics of Trumpism

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    Wasnt it his first wife that said he kept a copy of it on his nightstand? Or was it Marla?
    But did he actually read it? I'm sure he has a bible also but I'm sure he has never read that either.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    But did he actually read it? I'm sure he has a bible also but I'm sure he has never read that either.
    Id bet money he doesnt own a bible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

I’d bet money he doesn’t own a bible.

I'd take that bet. There is no way Mike Pence and about 10K others haven't gifted him one.

Hell, I own a bible. Brother in law gave it to us as a wedding present, he could have put $1000 between the pages in cash and I'd never know it but it is on my bookshelf somewhere
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Wasnt it his first wife that said he kept a copy of it on his nightstand? Or was it Marla?

Actually, it was alleged to be Hitler's collected speeches, translated to English - "My New Order"...

BusinessInsider
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'd take that bet. There is no way Mike Pence and about 10K others haven't gifted him one.

Hell, I own a bible. Brother in law gave it to us as a wedding present, he could have put $1000 between the pages in cash and I'd never know it but it is on my bookshelf somewhere
    I'll give you 1$ for that bible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    We're going to have insurance for everybody, there was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us.They can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better. Source
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan. Source
    Can you guess which quote branded a president as a habitual liar?

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

If he is removed from office via constitutional means, what does he expect the military to do? If 67 senators vote him out, they will be answering to Pence, not him. Anyone trying to stop that will get a room in federal prison. I would hope the military knows this. It isnt a concern of the police and I wouldnt worry about a bunch of bikers storming the capital. They would have no clue what to do and would be shot dead before they got close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Every Christian owns a Bible. Trump isnt and never has been a Christian - no one ever provided any evidence Ive ever seen of him attending a church before he ran for President.
    I disagree - I dont think anyone gifted him a Bible; no one really believes hes even a Christian. His supporters know it, but they not support him in spite of that because hes doing their bidding.
    It would be the same as gifting a Bible to Satan himself.

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Actually, it was alleged to be Hitler's collected speeches, translated to English - "My New Order"...

BusinessInsider
    Trump himself said it was Mein Kampf - he probably assumed that was the translation forMy New Order.....

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Every Christian owns a Bible. Trump isnt and never has been a Christian - no one ever provided any evidence Ive ever seen of him attending a church before he ran for President.
    I disagree - I dont think anyone gifted him a Bible; no one really believes hes even a Christian. His supporters know it, but they not support him in spite of that because hes doing their bidding.
    It would be the same as gifting a Bible to Satan himself.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/https://twitter.com/dlewicki/status/1090228039345147904?s=21

https://twitter.com/dlewicki/status/...345147904?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    If he is removed from office via constitutional means, what does he expect the military to do? If 67 senators vote him out, they will be answering to Pence, not him. Anyone trying to stop that will get a room in federal prison. I would hope the military knows this. It isn’t a concern of the police and I wouldn’t worry about a bunch of bikers storming the capital. They would have no clue what to do and would be shot dead before they got close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Our military is sworn never to obey an unconstitutional order. From all that appears, there are quite a number of senior officers who would welcome that opportunity. He may think he has the military, but he doesn't. On a national scale, what would decentralized police depts even count for, even if he were correct?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Trump himself said it was Mein Kampf - he probably assumed that was the translation for”My New Order”.....

Ivana was backed up by the friend who gave it to him and it wasn't "Mein Kampf." He denied reading it. I've never been able to find any quote where he admitted owning "Mein Kampf." He did deny having it in one interview during the campaign. The difference is that Ivana said he read it. He said he would never read speeches. The friend who gave it said that he didn't know if Trump read it or not...

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Ivana was backed up by the friend who gave it to him and it wasn't "Mein Kampf." He denied reading it. I've never been able to find any quote where he admitted owning "Mein Kampf." He did deny having it in one interview during the campaign. The difference is that Ivana said he read it. He said he would never read speeches. The friend who gave it said that he didn't know if Trump read it or not...
    This is probably the interview you're referencing:

“Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.” (“I did give him a book about Hitler,” Marty Davis said. “But it was My New Order, Hitler’s speeches, not Mein Kampf. I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I’m not Jewish.”)
    Later, Trump returned to this subject. “If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them.”