The policy and politics of Trumpism - Page 1284
    BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Re: The policy and politics of Trumpism

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    "Open borders means people drowning in the river." Oh, my living God!
    Fox News has done its job well.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    I would honestly encourage anyone who claims to be a "moderate" to just look at how the two parties stand in the context of global ideology. The modern Republican party is far, far closer to German neo-Nazis than to the political center.

NYT link
    fox news has done it's job well for a long time. i bet we could do an entire page of these.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

"Open borders means people drowning in the river." Oh, my living God!
    What moron said this? Trump?
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Yep, after being shown the picture of the border crosser who drowned with his two year old in the Rio Grande.

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Yes, in an interview at the WH. I'm sure you can find it. Started off by blaming the border crisis on the Democrats and said it could be solved in an hour. Then, he warmed up and started getting excited, said that the Democrats favored open borders and then said that open borders mean drowning in the river. I'm sure he didn't know that the deceased had just been turned down for asylum, the opposite of "open borders," and then took a desperation course with his two-year old daughter...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Yes, in an interview at the WH. I'm sure you can find it. Started off by blaming the border crisis on the Democrats and said it could be solved in an hour. Then, he warmed up and started getting excited, said that the Democrats favored open borders and then said that open borders mean drowning in the river. I'm sure he didn't know that the deceased had just been turned down for asylum, the opposite of "open borders," and then took a desperation course with his two-year old daughter...
    the mom was watching from the other side of the river waiting to cross; the dad had carried the girl across, was going back for her and the little girl jumped in after him. i can imagine neither the desperation nor the horror.
    Last edited by 92tide; June 27th, 2019 at 05:47 AM.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

There is a monster in the White House...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

He's doing God's will. Pray that he starts a war in the middle east so Damascus can be destroyed. Sometimes you have to break a few eggs and kill a few Meggsicans to fulfill prophecy. Faith without works is dead and we're doing our part by voting for as unchristian a sociopath as we can.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

I remember growing up as a teenager in the mid sixties, listening to my mom and dad talking about Hitler's rise to power. I remember wondering how such an evil man could fool so many people to follow his madness.

This man we have in power of our country is following this same path. There are good people that I know, including most of my family, that are worshiping at the feet of Trump. They brag that he has stopped the killing of babies in their mother's wombs, but they fail to see the brown skin babies being held with inhuman conditions in our country. Maybe they don't care.

I saw a lot of things in Vietnam that I am not proud of. When I came back home, I struggled with the memories of war. I never ever dreamed I would see innocent children treated like we are seeing in this country. Their only crime is that they were born poor. I pray that these evil people will be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    I remember growing up as a teenager in the mid sixties, listening to my mom and dad talking about Hitler's rise to power. I remember wondering how such an evil man could fool so many people to follow his madness.

This man we have in power of our country is following this same path. There are good people that I know, including most of my family, that are worshiping at the feet of Trump. They brag that he has stopped the killing of babies in their mother's wombs, but they fail to see the brown skin babies being held with inhuman conditions in our country. Maybe they don't care.

I saw a lot of things in Vietnam that I am not proud of. When I came back home, I struggled with the memories of war. I never ever dreamed I would see innocent children treated like we are seeing in this country. Their only crime is that they were born poor. I pray that these evil people will be stopped.
    it's always telling when you actually see conservative christian values in practice.

- George Orwell

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post

I am from the same era. All of my family survived the great depression on dirt poor Alabama cotton farms and then went without question to Europe and the Pacific. We were here before the American Revolution and always worked to give the next generation an opportunity for a better education and standard of living. Amidst our striving, failures, pain and tragedies along the way I have come to feel deeply that this man is an insult to everything good that has been carried forward for generations.

- George Orwell

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

It is hard to believe humans, especially children, can be treated like this in this day and age in America. Strip away all the veneer of politics and race and it comes down to what is right and what is wrong morally. I am even more disgusted by the complete lack of any outrage by Chrisitians and evangelicals. Many of us were reared in a home where much of what we learned about good and evil, right and wrong was in church. This is not meant to be a religious tirade, but a condemnation of all Christians who believe what the Trump Administration is doing is acceptable and refuse to stand against pure evil.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner