The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The only thing I surprisingly got that I've always wanted was a gut full of laughter at the SJWs putting LSU fans to shame at melting.

I have this ultra conservative uncle who when he tells me his candidate I know who won't win. Granted Cruz didn't win but he was very much in the running. If we are really down to Trump and Cruz at the end then something more than "Christians who feel persecuted" lead to that result because both were way further to the right than any republican nominee in the last 40 years. So the Obama administration is very much to blame for that shift in the typical republican voter. Now it could be argued the Democratic Party is to blame to why he won by putting up the most flawed candidate in history against him.
keep trying. the gop owns trump and everything he does. he is merely a symptom of 30 years of filling peoples minds that the government, liberals, minorities, other countries, muslims, boogey man du jour, are the root of all evil and that any deviation from conservative principles (whatever they are at any given moment) is heresy.

we saw the results of this thinking with w, and are going to seeing it ten-fold with trump.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The only thing I surprisingly got that I've always wanted was a gut full of laughter at the SJWs putting LSU fans to shame at melting.

I have this ultra conservative uncle who when he tells me his candidate I know who won't win. Granted Cruz didn't win but he was very much in the running. If we are really down to Trump and Cruz at the end then something more than "Christians who feel persecuted" lead to that result because both were way further to the right than any republican nominee in the last 40 years. So the Obama administration is very much to blame for that shift in the typical republican voter. Now it could be argued the Democratic Party is to blame to why he won by putting up the most flawed candidate in history against him.
Not just the typical Republican voter. I have a pretty hardcore Democrat family member that voted Trump this go around for just the reasons you cited.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Instead of pinning the blame on one particular party I think you have to lay it at the feet of congress as a whole.

They're almost as bad as the media in doing their job.

American voters end up just getting sick of it all. No matter who's party is in office. Just wait 4-8 years....

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
keep trying. the gop owns trump and everything he does. .
I can't agree with the gop owning trump. They threw everything and the kitchen sink at him to keep him from being the nominee. A week before the elections McCain and other prominent members spoke out against him.

If he's "their man" this is the single most well orchestrated Machiavellian election in the history of the United States, and possibly worldwide in the past century.

This election was, IMO, the first time outsiders had a chance. Both bernie and trump could have ran as independents, but we all know that the U.S.is a two party system and they wouldn't have been balloted in most states, hence they signed up as the fringe element of those respective parties.

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
keep trying. the gop owns trump and everything he does. he is merely a symptom of 30 years of filling peoples minds that the government, liberals, minorities, other countries, muslims, boogey man du jour, are the root of all evil and that any deviation from conservative principles (whatever they are at any given moment) is heresy.

we saw the results of this thinking with w, and are going to seeing it ten-fold with trump.
He is Fox New's president, more specifically he is Bill O'Reilly's president. A perverted wet dream of GOP villainy, full believer in any crazy conspiracy theory and only sees the very worst version of the world that old Bill has been ranting about since he left A Current Affair. He tweets O'Reilly talking points after watching them and is basing his crazy proclamations accordingly. No wonder he thinks Mexicans are rapists and the "inner cities" are falling apart he only sees them through limo windows and hears O'reilly screeching about them on TV. It's like handing the presidency to my wife's 70 year old drunken redneck uncle who sees liberal boogey men hiding behind everything and it truly is scary

I wonder if Trump understands how tides work?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I Disagree , there were a bunch of republicans blasting tea party republicans for holding the budget hostage because they were effectively holding active duty members and other VA workers pay. The real honest differences between mainstream Democrats and mainstream Republicans are a few interests groups and a few platforms because they all are rich power hungry right centered crooks that like things the way they are. This is by no means a compliment for Trump. The Republican and Democratic crazies that reject the mainstream ideologies are equally more dangerous for different reasons.

Last edited:

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
He is Fox New's president, more specifically he is Bill O'Reilly's president.
I wonder if Trump understands how tides work?
But isn't the counter argument that Obama was the msnbc president? I mean, this is kinda the problem isn't it? You've picked your side and that's where you are. Since it's not your team, screw'em?

Like some of the comments on here about this guy looked like this.....should he/is he allowed to be voting.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
But isn't the counter argument that Obama was the msnbc president? I mean, this is kinda the problem isn't it? You've picked your side and that's where you are. Since it's not your team, screw'em?

Like some of the comments on here about this guy looked like this.....should he/is he allowed to be voting.
no

MSNBC's president would never have continued the drone attack campaigns let alone escalating them to areas where we have never declared war, he would have pushed for a single payer healthcare system rather than the insurance company benefiting pile of garbage that we got from Obama, etc etc etc

Obama was far right of msnbc, you just don't watch so you make the assumption he wasn't

I listen to conservative talk radio and get subjected to the insane rantings of O'Reily all the time when I'm at my parents and inlaws houses, I know what those guys are selling

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
no

MSNBC's president would never have continued the drone attack campaigns let alone escalating them to areas where we have never declared war, he would have pushed for a single payer healthcare system rather than the insurance company benefiting pile of garbage that we got from Obama, etc etc etc

Obama was far right of msnbc, you just don't watch so you make the assumption he wasn't

I listen to conservative talk radio and get subjected to the insane rantings of O'Reily all the time when I my parents and inlaws houses, I know what those guys are selling
what trump is doing right now is a talk radio wet dream. down to the "i don't like trump, but he's got a point" brigade that seems to be coming out of the woodwork the last couple of days. it is based on spite, "real" america has been taken away by those people and you have to get it back.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Obama is more of a "CNN" democrat. MSNBC is just a step to the right of the Young Turks. I mean if you look at it ,the only difference between Rachel Madcow and Ana Kasparian is that Madcow can't drop F bombs and out right say that she " is better than you" on TV. Point is Obama wasn't a fringe democrat, but MSNBC is a fringe outlet.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Obama is more of a "CNN" democrat. MSNBC is just a step to the right of the Young Turks. I mean if you look at it ,the only difference between Rachel Madcow and Ana Kasparian is that Madcow can't drop F bombs and out right say that she " is better than you" on TV. Point is Obama wasn't a fringe democrat, but MSNBC is a fringe outlet.
disagree, Maddow is far more intelligent that Kasparian. I disagree with much of both of them but Maddow at least understands what she is saying

though I agree with you on Obama and Clinton. Both are far right of what the left has become. Bernie is more of a true representative of the left today which is why the russians were so able to cause hillary problems by releasing the emails

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
That Old Phone Trump Uses for Twitter Could Be an Opening to Security Threats

President Trump has carried his Twitter habit into his presidency. He has also brought with him another tech habit that is causing concern.

Mr. Trump has been using his old, unsecured Android phone to post on Twitter since moving to Washington late last week.

The president’s desire to use his old, personal smartphone raises concerns that its use could be exposing him and the nation to security threats.

He is using the Android smartphone mainly to post on Twitter, not to make calls. But it’s unclear what security measures have been put in place on the device and how vulnerable he could be to someone stealing data or breaking into his Twitter account.
■ Hackers could access the device to turn on the camera and microphone.

■ Stingray devices, a type of surveillance tool often used by law enforcement, can track a device’s location and other information.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
As a small business owner to see my taxes decreased from 40% to 15% means I can afford to pay for employee healthcare, or at least pay them more. I for one am glad that a non politician was elected. I worked for 30 years in corporate America. I would have been fired the first week if I acted like politicians do.
That'll preach

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I can't agree with the gop owning trump. They threw everything and the kitchen sink at him to keep him from being the nominee. A week before the elections McCain and other prominent members spoke out against him.

If he's "their man" this is the single most well orchestrated Machiavellian election in the history of the United States, and possibly worldwide in the past century.

This election was, IMO, the first time outsiders had a chance. Both bernie and trump could have ran as independents, but we all know that the U.S.is a two party system and they wouldn't have been balloted in most states, hence they signed up as the fringe element of those respective parties.
yes, this election was to some extent about outsiders. but those "outsiders" are outsiders because they want to basically want to dismantle the federal government and "stick it to the elitists" and they didn't think the gop was doing that quickly enough. all trump did was spot a large group of marks and sell them a load of populist crap and he did it much better than the organizers of the tea party did.

and bernie would have been trounced in any general election. there is a reason that he couldn't beat hillary in the primaries and it wasn't because the deck was stacked against him. he had some good points, but he was a crank and a scold.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
no

I listen to conservative talk radio and get subjected to the insane rantings of O'Reily all the time when I'm at my parents and inlaws houses, I know what those guys are selling
You're hearing old news, Bill O'Reily hasn't had a radio show since 2009.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
no

To ease your worries of the universe getting out of balance. I have to be subjected to my wife's far left part of the family constantly ranting how bigoted, racist, uneducated and full of hate anyone who doesn't agree with their beliefs are. CHEERS!

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
You're hearing old news, Bill O'Reily hasn't had a radio show since 2009.
don't believe I ever heard O'Reilly on the radio nor did I claim too though I can see where my sentence wasn't clear enough. I hear O'Reilly because both my Dad and my wife's parents seem to have him on TV in their houses whenever I am there

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Anyone who doesn't think of the government as somewhat an enemy hasn't met any politicians...
I wouldn't leave my daughter or my wallet in the room with any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.