The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
i don't care because it is not an issue. that "illegals" are voting in a fashion that has any impact is a figment of your paranoid mind. and there is a mentally unstable maniac now residing in the whitehouse that is playing you and folks like you like a fiddle.
Trump claim about illegals voting has as much merit as his claims on his inauguration crowd and his fanboys know it. They just can't argue the size claims because we have too much evidence to prove that trump is lying, so they are cherry picking this claim to death to try to prove that their liar-in-chief has some credibility left.......he doesn't. If he tells me the sky is blue I am walking outside to check for myself

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
you are absolutely right. I will always believe that the DNC promised Hillary this in 2008 when Obama's momentum killed her shot, "Back down and we will hand you 2016" they did and it failed. I also think that they would have turned on her if not for the GOP Parade of idiocy that resulted in Trump. Had the GOP put in a decent candidate the DNC would have responded in kind. The DNC lol'ed at Trump and figured "no one would be dumd enough to vote for this guy so we'll keep our promise to hillary as she should be able to handle this clown" She couldn't
Biden was the only good candidate that could've won the DNC and general. Bernie wouldn't beat a decent republican.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
you are absolutely right. I will always believe that the DNC promised Hillary this in 2008 when Obama's momentum killed her shot, "Back down and we will hand you 2016" they did and it failed. I also think that they would have turned on her if not for the GOP Parade of idiocy that resulted in Trump. Had the GOP put in a decent candidate the DNC would have responded in kind. The DNC lol'ed at Trump and figured "no one would be dumd enough to vote for this guy so we'll keep our promise to hillary as she should be able to handle this clown" She couldn't
And here I thought the whole purpose of the primaries was to get the best candidate, not just one who they thought was "good enough" to beat the opposition. Silly me

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
And here I thought the whole purpose of the primaries was to get the best candidate, not just one who they thought was "good enough" to beat the opposition. Silly me
probably got that idea from the same people who think the US is a Democracy, it isn't and was purposely intended not to be

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
i don't think biden would have done very well. he flamed out early and spectacularly in his previous two tries.
My point is that Jon is right about Hilliary, but let's say it is looking like Rubio/ kasich ticket. I would argue that Hillary probably loses by the normal margins against that ticket. So if not Hilliary then who. Bernie had a strong following but knowing him he would stupidly pick warren or Ellison as his running mate, and he would've gotten clobbered by Rubio. So I'm more arguing Biden is probably the best alternative for Hilliary, but that doesn't mean I think he would've won I'm just saying he was the only one with a chance besides her

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I just got back from dropping off a load of plants at my dentist's home.

He and his family are from South Florida and of Cuban heritage.

His FIL lives with them and does a lot of gardening at their place and their office so sometimes I help with plant acquisition, because of my connections to area nurseries.

Anyway...we are unloading from the back of my truck and as we move away the plants close to the back window I see the FIL pointing to my "TRUMP 2016" sticker, and saying "Trump...he's good!" with a big smile on his face.

I only mention this because here's a man of Hispanic heritage - a man who has worked all his life - is still working when many at his age would be retired....just lounging around more or less - and understands the concept of work ethic.

Trump is a work-a-holic - regardless of his goofy personality quirks. Hispanics are hard workers and this is why he resonates with them - regardless of how the left wing media spins it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My point is that Jon is right about Hilliary, but let's say it is looking like Rubio/ kasich ticket. I would argue that Hillary probably loses by the normal margins against that ticket. So if not Hilliary then who. Bernie had a strong following but knowing him he would stupidly pick warren or Ellison as his running mate, and he would've gotten clobbered by Rubio. So I'm more arguing Biden is probably the best alternative for Hilliary, but that doesn't mean I think he would've won I'm just saying he was the only one with a chance besides her
jmho, i think hillary would've beaten rubio, probably not kasich. rubio is a very weak candidate. i don't think any of the repubs (except maybe cruz) would've started the whole "crooked hillary" "lock her up" which became the story. what trump did in both the primary and the general was to take the entire race head long into the gutter, and win with experience.

agreed that the dems had a shallow bench at the national level.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

His FIL lives with them and does a lot of gardening at their place and their office so sometimes I help with plant acquisition, because of my connections to area nurseries.

Anyway...we are unloading from the back of my truck and as we move away the plants close to the back window I see the FIL pointing to my "TRUMP 2016" sticker, and saying "Trump...he's good!" with a big smile on his face.

I only mention this because here's a man of Hispanic heritage - a man who has worked all his life - is still working when many at his age would be retired....just lounging around more or less - and understands the concept of work ethic.

Trump is a work-a-holic - regardless of his goofy personality quirks. Hispanics are hard workers and this is why he resonates with them - regardless of how the left wing media spins it.
Cubans hate that Obama normalized relations with the Castro regime and if you think other Hispanics feel the same in general you are every bit as delusional as the orange clown disgracing this country

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
jmho, i think hillary would've beaten rubio, probably not kasich. rubio is a very weak candidate. i don't think any of the repubs (except maybe cruz) would've started the whole "crooked hillary" "lock her up" which became the story. what trump did in both the primary and the general was to take the entire race head long into the gutter, and win with experience.

agreed that the dems had a shallow bench at the national level.
I also don't think Rubio would have accepted the help of an antagonistic foreign power like the Trump team did. I could be wrong

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I also don't think Rubio would have accepted the help of an antagonistic foreign power like the Trump team did. I could be wrong
Why do you continue pushing that false narrative?
As for Russia itself, wouldn't you agree that it would be far better to reduce the heat between our two nations to a slow simmer than to turn it up to a full boil? Is there anyone among us who would enjoy a thermonuclear war? We all know that with nuclear capability arguments aside, in the end there could never be any winner, only losers?
Obama was trying to go there. Why must we?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Cubans hate that Obama normalized relations with the Castro regime and if you think other Hispanics feel the same in general you are every bit as delusional as the orange clown disgracing this country
Your opinion is the only reason Cubans like Trump is because they dislike Obama as it pertains to his policy with Cuba?

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

Most of the immigrants I know detest the DNC. They are not necessarily Trump fans, but they despise the way Democrats portray immigrants as in need of a nanny state. It's highly insulting. The immigrants I know and interact with regularly are all highly educated and successful people. They have no need for what the DNC peddles, and they resent having to give away much of what they earned to support the slugs.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Most of the immigrants I know detest the DNC. They are not necessarily Trump fans, but they despise the way Democrats portray immigrants as in need of a nanny state. It's highly insulting. The immigrants I know and interact with regularly are all highly educated and successful people. They have no need for what the DNC peddles, and they resent having to give away much of what they earned to support the slugs.
This has been my experience as well, Bodhi....they work their tails off, are very responsible, and don't like it when their tax dollars are used to support others who are the opposite.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
As for Russia itself, wouldn't you agree that it would be far better to reduce the heat between our two nations to a slow simmer than to turn it up to a full boil?
Just stop. That the far right has allowed themselves to be seduced by Putin over the past two years is abhorrent.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
As for Russia itself, wouldn't you agree that it would be far better to reduce the heat between our two nations to a slow simmer than to turn it up to a full boil? Is there anyone among us who would enjoy a thermonuclear war? We all know that with nuclear capability arguments aside, in the end there could never be any winner, only losers?
Obama was trying to go there. Why must we?
The sad thing is that we will now get to see where that line of illogic takes us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : FLASH SALE 25% off !

TideFans.shop 25% off sitewide!!
TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.