The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Since the topic has been brought up...

I didn't post the story of Russia arresting two high-ranking cybersecurity officials on charges of treason, since all reports are from independent Russian media and the significance isn't yet known. But in the context of Trump's strangely unwavering pro-Russia stance, policies, and personnel appointments, it is concerning and I think is a story we should at least be aware of. Here's a synthesis of what we currently know:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Hey Bama Reb, keep posting and giving us Libtards Hades. You been in jail for assassinating your neighbor's cats?:wink: Just get out?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Why do you continue pushing that false narrative?
As for Russia itself, wouldn't you agree that it would be far better to reduce the heat between our two nations to a slow simmer than to turn it up to a full boil? Is there anyone among us who would enjoy a thermonuclear war? We all know that with nuclear capability arguments aside, in the end there could never be any winner, only losers?
Obama was trying to go there. Why must we?
The problem with Trump-Putin relations isn't the Cold War conspiracy theory part of it, it is the way Trump thinks. He thinks big man on big man great, NATO and EU bad. While the latter has serious problems it isn't as simplistic of an issue as Trump thinks. I'm all for burying the hatchet with the Russians over Syria and Crimea, but getting in bed with them at this point of time isn't really a good idea. The reason is because May and the torries have backed themselves in a corner with Brexit so they will be forced to go along with the US on the European question. So that leaves the EU and NATO in the hands of Germany. Angela merkel is in a hot mess with the Syrian refugees and that almost automatically means swift change is coming in September whether it being the far right or left taking over. But either way it doesn't help us when the European nations are looking to Germany to stand up to the US/UK/Russian coalition. And Germany has the economy and trade ties to hurt us.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Why do you continue pushing that false narrative?
As for Russia itself, wouldn't you agree that it would be far better to reduce the heat between our two nations to a slow simmer than to turn it up to a full boil? Is there anyone among us who would enjoy a thermonuclear war? We all know that with nuclear capability arguments aside, in the end there could never be any winner, only losers?
Obama was trying to go there. Why must we?
It would be good to have better relations with Russia but not with Putin in there. Putin is playing Trump.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It would be good to have better relations with Russia but not with Putin in there. Putin is playing Trump.
Russia will always have a big man in charge so what difference does it make if it's with Putin, mendev(spelling), or whoever. We should lift the sanctions and be done with any further dealings with them in that sort of manner. But I fear Trump-May- Putin is almost a sure thing at this point.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
i don't care because it is not an issue. that "illegals" are voting in a fashion that has any impact is a figment of your paranoid mind. and there is a mentally unstable maniac now residing in the whitehouse that is playing you and folks like you like a fiddle.
He's not playing me. I didn't vote for him, never would. I totally see thru him. But the irony for the left, is that you truly believe he is more dangerous than what we had. I promise you, he's not. He's a smart man who has found his way into the biggest board room there is. He is going to create as much havoc as possible so you don't pay attention to what he's really doing.

He will grow the economy. He will also have us an eyelash from war. He will be tested by the bad guys, and he will respond with brute force. It's not going to be the best four years, but watching as the left melts down daily...makes it tolerable.

And, I never thought you would give a number, because you actually prefer they get to vote. We all get that. Just own it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Putin will never think in terms of "better relations." He's a former KGB colonel whose enemies seem to disappear.He's only interested in whatever helps him expand Russia's sphere of influence and, if that involves flattering a fool, then so be it. Meanwhile, we're saddled with a latter-day Boris Yeltsin...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
He's not playing me. I didn't vote for him, never would. I totally see thru him. But the irony for the left, is that you truly believe he is more dangerous than what we had. I promise you, he's not. He's a smart man who has found his way into the biggest board room there is. He is going to create as much havoc as possible so you don't pay attention to what he's really doing.

He will grow the economy. He will also have us an eyelash from war. He will be tested by the bad guys, and he will respond with brute force. It's not going to be the best four years, but watching as the left melts down daily...makes it tolerable.

And, I never thought you would give a number, because you actually prefer they get to vote. We all get that. Just own it.
i told you why i wouldn't give a number, the premise of your request is moronic. i don't argue with folks over their paranoid delusions.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Putin will never think in terms of "better relations." He's a former KGB colonel whose enemies seem to disappear.He's only interested in whatever helps him expand Russia's sphere of influence and, if that involves flattering a fool, then so be it. Meanwhile, we're saddled with a latter-day Boris Yeltsin...
Cause and effect of post USSR era behaviors by NATO. The time to make great relations with the Russians were during Yeltsin, but we decided to go against promises and now we have Putin

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
It's pretty obvious, Saudis were just as guilty of trying to influence US elections as the Russians.
Did the Saudis hack political individuals and offices, slowly leak the hacked files over the course of the election, and engage in a massive propaganda campaign aimed at elevating one political candidate over another?

If not, I don't see the equivalence.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Did the Saudis hack political individuals and offices, slowly leak the hacked files over the course of the election, and engage in a massive propaganda campaign aimed at elevating one political candidate over another?

If not, I don't see the equivalence.
It wouldn't surprise me when the Chinese and Czechs hack us practically every day. But the liberal media is only concerned with stuff that affects them. Except when they are found guilty of fixing primaries. So who are the democrats to call foul when they did it to their own party in the primaries.

Fwiw the Saudis have had huge influence on the Clinton campaign

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
It wouldn't surprise me when the Chinese and Czechs hack us practically every day. But the liberal media is only concerned with stuff that affects them. Except when they are found guilty of fixing primaries. So who are the democrats to call foul when they did it to their own party in the primaries.

So in other words, no they didn't.

Also, Trump registered eight companies in Saudi Arabia during the campaign, and the country happens to be conveniently absent from his list of banned Muslim nations despite their very real role in 9/11. So I'm not sure why you think their hypothetical influence would only target the Clinton campaign.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
i told you why i wouldn't give a number, the premise of your request is moronic. i don't argue with folks over their paranoid delusions.
You are such a good lib.....

The premise of my request is.....legit. You won't give a number, because you don't think there is a bad one. The more the merrier. Not delusional. When 81% vote for the left -- it's a viable election-winning tactic. I just don't understand why none of you will just admit that.

Define - Moronic for me? I'm not sure I'm familiar with that one.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This is absurd to anyone who's studied Russian history...
On what basis? That NATO said they wouldn't advance eastwards with the exception of Poland, Yeltsin was an easier person to deal with than Putin, or that the NATO advancement eastwards has aided Putin and Mendedev's popularity in Russia and has allowed them to stay in power for the last decade and some change.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

the Saudis were the "foundation" in the "Clinton Foundation"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.