The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
i don't care because it is not an issue. that "illegals" are voting in a fashion that has any impact is a figment of your paranoid mind. and there is a mentally unstable maniac now residing in the whitehouse that is playing you and folks like you like a fiddle.
Out of curiosity, at what number would it become an issue for you?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
On what basis? That NATO said they wouldn't advance eastwards with the exception of Poland, Yeltsin was an easier person to deal with than Putin, or that the NATO advancement eastwards has aided Putin and Mendedev's popularity in Russia and has allowed them to stay in power for the last decade and some change.
Cause and effect of post USSR era behaviors by NATO. The time to make great relations with the Russians were during Yeltsin, but we decided to go against promises and now we have Putin.
I meant to think that we were a primary or even a material factor in the march of power there, which has been consistent for centuries, is naive. You flatter us...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I meant to think that we were a primary or even a material factor in the march of power there, which has been consistent for centuries, is naive. You flatter us...
Russia has always been about the Big man over the people kinda system, with the exception of Kerensky's 6 month government. Putin is the same self serving individual that Lenin, Stalin, Nicholas, Alexander, Catherine, etc all were, but each of those had to have a platform to stand on to say " hey Russia is a better place because I am in charge because X". Putin's illusion is the NATO push eastwards and has been very consistent in stating that. Everytime mainland Russian people are polled about the greatest fear for the Russian government it has been a high issue. I seriously doubt Putin really fears it because I believe his main goal in life is to alternate between being PM and president for life with his lapdog while ruling with an iron fist like the other Russian big men in history.

So no I don't believe we are directly the reason Putin came to power, but we sure allowed him a huge platform by NATO pushing aggressively eastwards. I still think we missed an opportunity while Yelstin was in power of probably having better relations with them.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
You won't get an answer...
Looks like you're right. Answering would draw a red line, and if it can be shown that illegal votes cross that red line, ze'd have to violate zir personal interest. Of course, ze could always reply with some inanely high number just to be the smartazz that ze typically is.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Russia has always been about the Big man over the people kinda system, with the exception of Kerensky's 6 month government. Putin is the same self serving individual that Lenin, Stalin, Nicholas, Alexander, Catherine, etc all were, but each of those had to have a platform to stand on to say " hey Russia is a better place because I am in charge because X". Putin's illusion is the NATO push eastwards and has been very consistent in stating that. Everytime mainland Russian people are polled about the greatest fear for the Russian government it has been a high issue. I seriously doubt Putin really fears it because I believe his main goal in life is to alternate between being PM and president for life with his lapdog while ruling with an iron fist like the other Russian big men in history.

So no I don't believe we are directly the reason Putin came to power, but we sure allowed him a huge platform by NATO pushing aggressively eastwards. I still think we missed an opportunity while Yelstin was in power of probably having better relations with them.
We don't really disagree. Well, maybe about Yeltsin. He was a hopeless alcoholic and I don't really think any kind of lasting relationship could have been built with him. He was just a placemarker for a Putin-like character...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Looks like you're right. Answering would draw a red line, and if it can be shown that illegal votes cross that red line, ze'd have to violate zir personal interest. Of course, ze could always reply with some inanely high number just to be the smartazz that ze typically is.
like i said before, i don't argue with people's paranoid delusions.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
like i said before, i don't argue with people's paranoid delusions.
My question was general, not about the number of illegal voters in this election. I'm simply asking you to tell me what number of illegal votes would begin to make you feel that we might have an issue that needs to be addressed.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
My question was general, not about the number of illegal voters in this election. I'm simply asking you to tell me what number of illegal votes would begin to make you feel that we might have an issue that needs to be addressed.
1% of the vote total. It doesn't bother me to have an investigation of voter fraud. If it is done by qualified, objective people and the methodology and conclusions are well publicized. Maybe Trump, Conway, Bannion and Vladimir?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
And, I never thought you would give a number, because you actually prefer they get to vote. We all get that. Just own it.
You are correct. Looks like we might as well register the world's population to vote in our elections. And of course it makes any outrage over "Russian tampering" sillier than usual when one ultimately doesn't mind if Russians vote in our elections.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
You are correct. Looks like we might as well register the world's population to vote in our elections. And of course it makes any outrage over "Russian tampering" sillier than usual when one ultimately doesn't mind if Russians vote in our elections.
If they vote for the right side , I would consider that. Hint: It ain't you side!!:eek:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
1% of the vote total. It doesn't bother me to have an investigation of voter fraud. If it is done by qualified, objective people and the methodology and conclusions are well publicized. Maybe Trump, Conway, Bannion and Vladimir?
1.3M votes is a lot of illegal votes. That's roughly 12% of the illegal immigrant population, which would indicate a significant systemic issue in the registration process.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Well... you wanted a number!:conf2: Now you getting picky. Plus most of em are in California and New York so what difference does it make?:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.