The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Please clarify as to why US taxpayers should be forced to pay for another person's health insurance.

For the record, I give a large portion of my income to charities and to those in need, so do not try to justify it as 'compassion'.

Thank you.
Change the word 'insurance' to 'care' and you are already paying.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Well, the last thing we want are a bunch of educated unemployed people because that leads to ruling class heads being unburdened from their bodies when the ruin of the American economy for all but the top is fully realized.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Well, the last thing we want are a bunch of educated unemployed people because that leads to ruling class heads being unburdened from their bodies when the ruin of the American economy for all but the top is fully realized.
Which, to jump threads, is why each state should be allowed to handle that as they see best.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Anecdote from a former editor of the New York Observer, which Kushner bought. No surprising character insights, if you've been paying attention.

Link

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
this is apparantly how the Roger Waters/Pink Floyd tour that is going on opens.

anecdotally "several hundred conservatives" got up and walked out on the show.

Um, have they ever actually listened to Pink Floyd? Poor whittle snowflakes can't handle the criticism

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
this is apparantly how the Roger Waters/Pink Floyd tour that is going on opens.

Um, have they ever actually listened to Pink Floyd? Poor whittle snowflakes can't handle the criticism
ha-ha, charade they are

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Interesting commentary by John Tamny:

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/art...he_extraordinary_nerve_of_the_g-7_102714.html

His commentary follows these opening statements:

An article in Saturday’s Wall Street Journal about the European leg of President Trump’s first foreign trip came with a “Leaders Confront U.S. on Russia, Climate” headline. In particular, non-U.S. G-7 leaders are all strongly in favor of the 2015 Paris climate agreement that would require participating countries to limit carbon emissions, among other restraints on economic activity. Trump disagrees, thus the confrontation, owing to his correct belief that the climate deal would prove a barrier to economic growth.

That Trump was in opposition to the other G-7 members apparently led to some tense discussion about the U.S.’s desire to exit commitments made during the presidency of Barack Obama. German Chancellor Angela Merkel confirmed that opinions expressed about the withering climate accord “were exchanged very intensively.”

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Can't wait to see him in July.

When I saw him in 2008 he was very vocal about his opposition to Bush and his disgusts for the wars he had started. Saw him twice on The Wall tours (2010 and 2012) and again, very political. His music has been highly politically focused since 'Animals'. Anyone attending a Roger Waters concert not expecting him to be in their face about politics is, well, I don't know. I honestly can't fathom how anyone who listens to his music would expect anything else...

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Trump tweets today that he wants the Senate to eliminate the legislative filibuster so his profoundly unpopular healthcare and tax cuts for the 1% have a better chance of passing.

Donald J. Trump said:
The U.S. Senate should switch to 51 votes, immediately, and get Healthcare and TAX CUTS approved, fast and easy. Dems would do it, no doubt!

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
If you limited your view to the filibuster, you might reconsider your graphic. Bigger picture though, you might recall that Dems/liberals scoffed at the slippery slope arguments made by Republicans and conservatives during Obama's reign. Ironically, Dems/liberals originated this filibuster slippery slope and may have spited their own faces as a result.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
If you limited your view to the filibuster, you might reconsider your graphic. Bigger picture though, you might recall that Dems/liberals scoffed at the slippery slope arguments made by Republicans and conservatives during Obama's reign. Ironically, Dems/liberals originated this filibuster slippery slope and may have spited their own faces as a result.
I recall plenty and also spent time warning against slippery slopes. The graphic is more about the general attitude of Republicans now that who cares what damage something does to things long term so long as it makes a liberal upset.

It's a spiteful, petty approach to leadership and it will only end badly.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I recall plenty and also spent time warning against slippery slopes. The graphic is more about the general attitude of Republicans now that who cares what damage something does to things long term so long as it makes a liberal upset.

It's a spiteful, petty approach to leadership and it will only end badly.
May be. I'm ambivalent. But Dems need to decide if they really want government to work or not. They did whatever it took to "make it work" before January 20, 2017, and the Republicans are now doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.