The policy and politics of Trumpism - Page 270
Page 270 of 277 FirstFirst ... 170220260263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277 LastLast
Results 3,498 to 3,510 of 3599
    BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Re: The policy and politics of Trumpism

Interesting piece from Politico on Comey and Mueller.

I suspect most of us had forgotten about a little dustup from the W years.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobstod View Post
    Hey JT!
    Hey, how've you been?!
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

it seems that a lot of what went down during the w admin has been forgotten.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Speaking of the NR, David French had an interesting tweet the other day.

"Absent compelling contradictory evidence (like tapes or other memos) 'Comey lied to his diary' is the defense of the doomed"
    Saw that a few days ago.

And it's a pet peeve but it's just NR - not the NR. OCD of me, I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post

That is a great article. It has more detail about the Stellar Wind crisis than I had known...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-SEC Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post

That was fun. Thanks for the read!
    And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar

The only beginning to a Presidency in my lifetime that was even in the same stratosphere as this was Bill Clinton's first six months, and even he wasn't THIS bad. He bungled right out of the gate on several issues (his Cabinet, gays in the military, raising taxes he said he was going to cut, health care.....oops), but unlike Drumpf he: a) wanted to be President, it's all ever he ever wanted to do; b) had some experience with government; c) had a lower middle class upbringing and had been exposed to some bad stuff; d) was seen as too FLEXIBLE rather than Trump's problem, which is the opposite but not exactly.

During the time I really liked Bill Clinton as president. He was so smooth.....
    I also think he was lucky to be in office when the technology boon hit. It helped the economy in a tremendous way. As long a people are making money, they are much more satisfied with the political machine...or that may just be me.

Well, according to the NYT, Trump told them the day after firing Comey that Comey was a "nut job," and the great pressure would eased from the Russian probe. It's hard to believe he could be that simplistic, but he apparently believed firing someone was going to solve his problem. Man! - talking about having no historical knowledge at all...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Thanks, jt, a good read.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but never preserved except in memory LLAP" Leonard Nimoy

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Well, according to the NYT, Trump told them the day after firing Comey that Comey was a "nut job," and the great pressure would eased from the Russian probe. It's hard to believe he could be that simplistic, but he apparently believed firing someone was going to solve his problem. Man! - talking about having no historical knowledge at all...
    Freshly homemade just for this:

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/co...rticle/2623616

After a close reading of a memorandum, the Washington Examiner reported last week that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein never explicitly recommended that President Trump fire FBI Director James Comey.

And on Friday, Rosenstein confirmed what the Washington Examiner reported ten days earlier. "My memorandum is not a statement of reasons to justify a for-cause termination," according to his prepared remarks to House and Senate lawmakers.

Unfortunately for the White House, Vice President Mike Pence and numerous senior aides were not so careful in their analysis. Again and again, they referred to the Rosenstein memo, which laid out all the ways Comey mishandled the Clinton email controversy, as a "recommendation."

Rosenstein reportedly bristled at that characterization of his work, a representation that makes him seem like a legal patsy. And his defense of his memorandum could reasonably be interpreted as a response to that charge.

link

I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job, Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. I faced great pressure because of Russia. Thats taken off.
    Oh you ain't seen nothing yet.
    Just a barner.

Line Will Hastings up in Shotgun formation

Reverse-Polish WhirlyBird

???

Winning

BamaNation All-American bobstod's Avatar

So the WH is not denying this report. Only spinning it; suggesting that somebody please shoot the messenger!
    From my perspective this further advances the case for obstruction of justice. In spite of his nave expectation that this would take the pressure off him from the Russia investigation, it is clear that he actually believed it would. So he fired Comey to impede or stop the investigation. Isn't that the definition of obstruction?
    Last edited by bobstod; May 19th, 2017 at 04:04 PM. Reason: typo
    ALABAMA : Tradition ; Class ; A name to respect in College Football