The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Profanity has its place. Used judiciously, it can make points in ways that no other words can.

When used as Saramucci did, it takes on the look and feel of what I imagine an episode of Jersey Shore would have.

I am a lifelong Republican. Economic conservative, and social Libertarian. When faced with the major parties' nominees -- a buffoon and a crook -- I wrote in Nick Saban. Really. No blue font.

These buffoons are neither Republican nor conservative, and I don't think they could scare up the class and dignity of a drunk UGA fan (redundant, I know) amongst the lot of them. They have the morals, ethics and loyalty of The Sopranos.

Congress is no better. It's so polarized with screeching voices from the extreme left and right that rational discourse is perceived as weakness, and trumpeted as such by the opposition. Which means it's the last time the rational person is ever rational in public.

We're about to find out what it's like to have no effective government.

The disaffected love chaos, and I would not be at all surprised at an attack of some sort by a terrorist group, which in this context would include North Korea.
I honestly have no issues with his language, 20+ years in the business world has shown me that all the talk of "that's not how grown-ups speak" was a total load of crap. I hear the same words daily. I've always felt the polices here were a little PollyAnna-ish, but this is Brett's living room, not mine so I respect that and the rule.

What I do have a problem with is that this conversation was on the record so now we have a Senior white house official saying that another Sr White house official is a self felating fool officially as the word of this administration. Morals be damned that is the insane world we now live in

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
What I do have a problem with is that this conversation was on the record so now we have a Senior white house official saying that another Sr White house official is a self felating fool officially as the word of this administration. Morals be damned that is the insane world we now live in
Maybe this latest immorality will finally peel away the Evangelical vote.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Trump again shows his leadership quality after the skinny healthcare vote fails.

Donald Trump said:
3 Republicans and 48 Democrats let the American people down. As I said from the beginning, let ObamaCare implode, then deal. Watch!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
So much to say about Trump and Scaramucci as humans and as public figures but I will restrain myself and just say they are both quintessential bullies.

Last edited:

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
After forcing the press corps to stop recording briefings, the White House has now begun to doctor its official transcripts.

Here's The Mooch. Skip to 0:25. He says "[Trump] sinks 3-foot putts."

Yet the official White House transcript reads, "[Trump] sinks 30-foot putts."

Kim Jong-un would be proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.